A few things to share

Pernille Ripp

Jul 15, 2015, 10:11:48 PM7/15/15
to gra-...@googlegroups.com
Good evening from beautiful Sun Prairie,

Amazing that we are only in July and already I am seeing connections being made on the Edmodo groups.  Make sure you are reaching out and asking questions whenever you are ready.

I will be at ILA - the International Literacy Association conference - in St. Louis Friday through Monday and will be presenting on the Global Read Aloud Satudrday at 4:45 PM.  If any of you are there I would love to meet you!  I am so excited to be going and to learn from so many amazing people.

I am working on updating shirts for the year, I am not sure if there is any interest in those?  I also thought about getting stickers for people to get.

Here is some other helpful (hopefully) information for this year - forgive me if you already know all of this,

Dates:

We kick off October 5th and end November 13th.  Don’t worry about getting behind, just don’t get ahead.

Books:

To see all of the selected books for 2015, go here.

What/When to Read:

To see the chapter breakdown for the 4 books, go here.

Edmodo:

To join the Edmodo teacher group for your selected group, go here.

Twitter:

To see the active hashtags for this year, go here.

Google Group:

To be a part of the Google Group to get all of the information emailed to you, go here.

Tech Tools Suggestions:

Meant to showcase a few tools facilitators may want to use with their classrooms.  Please go here.

Handouts for school or home:

The GRA FAQ handout:  Meant for handing out to teachers and others that will participate in the project.  Please go here.

The GRA Home handout:  Meant to be sent home with students to explain what the Global Read Aloud is.  Please go here.

FAQ:

To get more information, go here.

All my best,

Pernille