The latest news from Global Read Aloud

Pernille Ripp

Aug 25, 2015, 9:33:06 PM8/25/15
to Global Read Aloud 2015
Good evening from cool Sun Prairie, WI
The GRA is still a few months away but lots is happening.  A few things to update you on:

If you are new to the GRA and you would like more information, make sure you read this post.  We have reached more than 350,000 students signed up so far for this year, please reach out and connect.

There are a few ways to find a connection for this year's project.  These are
  • Join the Edmodo groups to find a connection
  • Join our Facebook group
  • Use the hashtag on Twitter #GRA15 to find someone
  • Or added today, fill out and use the Google Doc found here.  Please make sure you read the post so you can see how to access the sheet.
The Google Map for participant locations is live, please add your location by going here

I know that Amazon has run out of copies of Fish, to see where else you can purchase a copy, please go here.  I have contacted the publisher but not had any luck so far.

To see ideas and inspiration, you can visit the official Pinterest board for GRA.  I try to update it as much as possible.

The slowchat on Twitter is coming!  For more information and to sign up to be a "host" class for a week, please go here.

I know many have used Kidblog in the past, however, they are going to an all pay model.  I will personally be using Writeabout.com instead and have partnered with them to create a GRA community, more information will be coming.

I think that is it for now.  I will keep you updated.
Best,
Pernille