Coming up in the Global Read Aloud

Pernille Ripp

Oct 25, 2015, 3:15:34 PM10/25/15
to Global Read Aloud 2015
Good afternoon everyone,

I hope you are having an incredible time with the Global Read Aloud.  I have been busy pinning and sharing as much as I can.  I am always amazed with what people create and do during the project, thank you for taking part, and thank you for helping each other out so much as well.  The beauty of this project is truly in how collaborative it is.

I had the honor of seeing Kevin Henkes speak in Madison yesterday and also thank him.  He is busy working on answering five of the many questions that were sent his way.  I will publish his answers as soon as I get them.

Amy Krouse Rosenthal had a great idea for us all; she has declared this the week of random of acts of kindness.  To see more information, please see the blog post here http://theglobalreadaloud.com/2015/10/21/global-random-acts-of-kindness-week-gra15/  I cannot wait to see what this inspires - please share with me if you want.

There will be a culminating Google Hangout with both Meg Medina and Lynda Mullaly Hunt - more details will be released as they are finalized.

Sign up has been shut down for the year even though some groups are just getting started.  The sign up for next year will be live in November some time.

A major update to WriteABout will be released tomorrow that should help with some of the sharing issues people have experienced.

If you would like to show your GRA pride, merchandise can be found here https://shop.spreadshirt.com/pernilleripp/?noCache=true#

If you will be at NCTE this year, there is an amazing GRA panel happening Saturday the 21st at 8 AM.  I am honored to be in the company of some of our alumni authors, Katherine Applegate, Kate Messner, Sharon Draper, Jenni Holm, and Lynda Mullaly Hunt as we discuss the community that comes from the GRA.  For more information see this http://center.uoregon.edu/NCTE/2015AnnualConvention/program/session_details.php?sessionid=2569473

Finally, I am reading as much as I can and have started our contender list for 2016.  It  can be found here http://theglobalreadaloud.com/info-for-2015/gra-contenders/2016-contenders/ it will be updated as I dsicover amazing books to add.

Please reach out if you need anything.  Again, thank you for being a part of this project.

Best,
Pernille