Thank you for this year!

Pernille Ripp

Nov 14, 2015, 9:21:34 AM11/14/15
to Global Read Aloud 2015
Good morning from Sun Prairie, WI
Yesterday marked the official final day of the 2015 Global Read Aloud, and while I know some of you are still going strong with the project, I wanted to take this moment to thank all of you who were a part of the project this year.  This project is a labor of love and the outpouring from so many after I published this letter has been astounding.  Thank you for shouting louder than those who have been reaching out to tell me all of the things that have not worked.

A few final notes as we wrap up.

Please consider being a part of the first ever official GRA research study that is focused on the impact the GRA has.  200 people have already taken this short survey, thank you so much!

There are two Google Hangouts scheduled.  Meg Medina and I will speak Monday at 11 AM CST, and Lynda Mullaly Hunt and I will speak on Tuesday at 8:45 AM CST.  Click on their names for more information on both and also to submit your questions.  These two events will be streamed live and also recorded for later viewing.  They will be posted on the website.

Speaking of the website, it has been updated to have a static front page with information, just click "blog" under the page headers to still see all of the latest news and ideas.

Sign up will not be open yet for next year as I am tweaking the process, but the GRA will be back next year in some way.  I am trying to figure out if we should have less books and less places to connect and would appreciate your thoughts. Please take this short survey to give me your feedback when you can.

Merchandise is still available for the project, go here to order your own.

I will be at NCTE in Minneapolis Thursday through Saturday this coming week, and there will even be a GRA panel taking place Saturday morning at 8 AM with the amazing alumni authors Katherine Applegate, Sharon Draper, Lynda Mullyly Hunt, Kate Messner, and Jenni Holm.  Join us and share your experience or ask your questions.  I hope to meet many of you!

All my best,
Pernille