assigning tasks to an employee directly from my calender

moses

Sep 22, 2012, 11:33:47 AM9/22/12
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
I'm new to business gmail & gqueues and need a few pointers:

1) I haven't figured out a way to assign tasks to one of my employees from google calendar.  For example,  I have created a task on my calendar that I now would like to assign to one of my employees.  I would like to find a shortcut where I can move and reassign the task to their calendar while removing from my list.

2)  As an administrator, can I access all my employees lists/calendars to view their productivity and workflow?

3)  I currently work with 17 employees.  Do I need to set up separate subfolders for each individual and myself as collaborators so that I can communication between each employee and myself in private.  Then again, would I need to set up other folders and add multiple employees for group tasks/communication?

Thank you for bearing with me :)

Moses

Sep 25, 2012, 1:22:08 PM9/25/12
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
Me too!

Moses

Sep 28, 2012, 12:22:41 AM9/28/12
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
Any Help or Ideas?

Mike Wilday

Sep 28, 2012, 1:05:57 PM9/28/12
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
See responses in blue.

1) I haven't figured out a way to assign tasks to one of my employees from google calendar.  For example,  I have created a task on my calendar that I now would like to assign to one of my employees.  I would like to find a shortcut where I can move and reassign the task to their calendar while removing from my list.

I don't believe you can assign the task from the calendar itself, but if you create the tasks in Google Calendar (on the Gqueues Calendar) then you should be able to go into Gqueues and see those tasks (I'm assuming in the inbox) and then organize and assign all of those tasks from there. If you're employees are paid subscribers as well... then they should be able to share their task lists with you.- http://www.gqueues.com/help/sharingCollaboration
Currently there is a search feature that is in beta mode where you will be able to set up a do a search and save a smart queue that doesn't show tasks you have assigned. but for now those show up in your tasks. If you create a separate queue for assigned tasks that will help to separate them out from your queues as the search feature is finalized and implemented. - http://www.gqueues.com/help/queues#add

2)  As an administrator, can I access all my employees lists/calendars to view their productivity and workflow?

If you want to see their personal task lists you will need to have your employees share those with you (as well as their calendar, separately).- http://www.gqueues.com/help/sharingCollaboration

3)  I currently work with 17 employees.  Do I need to set up separate subfolders for each individual and myself as collaborators so that I can communication between each employee and myself in private.  Then again, would I need to set up other folders and add multiple employees for group tasks/communication?

If you are communicating with them through gmail then your emails to them would be private. If the task is shared with multiple employees then the any communication in the notes section would be visible by all of them. You can create Smart queues (http://www.gqueues.com/help/smartQueues#addto see tasks that are assigned to specific individuals so if you want to see each of the users that you have assigned tasks and the list of tasks that you have assigned... then create a smart queue like this...