Sync problem between Android and website

Jason Fritz

Sep 21, 2013, 9:34:05 PM9/21/13
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
I have a recurring task that I marked as complete in the website, but it still shows up unfinished on my Android phone.  The task recurs every month after completion date.  I marked it complete yesterday (9/20), and it shows up as "archived" on the website, and the new task is due 10/20.  However, on my phone is still shows as due on 9/20.

All other syncing seems to be ok.  Tasks I create on the phone show up on the website.  Tasks I change on the website show up on the phone.  It's just this one task that remains out of sync.

Let me know if you'd like more info.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Fritz

Sep 21, 2013, 9:36:29 PM9/21/13
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
BTW, clicking "Sync" in the app does not help.  But it does make the app download other changes made on the website.
Thanks,
Jason

Cameron (GQueues Team)

Sep 23, 2013, 10:06:05 AM9/23/13
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
Sorry about that, Jason.

A couple of options to try:

1. Mark the task complete on your phone.  See if things start syncing correctly.

2. Delete the task on your phone and the web and recreate it

3. Reset your account on your phone, which will definitely get everything syncing correctly again

-Cameron

Jason Fritz

Sep 23, 2013, 1:24:42 PM9/23/13
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
I tried option 1 (Mark the task complete on your phone).  This resulted in a duplicate task.  I deleted one of the tasks via the web interface, so hopefully it's gone now.

I've been noticing occasional duplicate tasks, and I suspect they were caused by similar circumstances.  I'll just delete the duplicates for now, although it would be nice if this didn't happen.

Thanks!
Jason

Jason Fritz

Sep 25, 2013, 12:42:10 PM9/25/13
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
I just triggered this problem again.  It seems to be related to Google Calendar sync and Android App sync.  Here is what happened.

- I had the Android app open, looking at a "Due or Overdue" smart queue I created.  My task "Call Steph" was overdue.
- Using Google calendar, I moved the task from yesterday (Tue) to Thurs.
- I went to the app, and the task was still at Tue.  I clicked Sync and it was still set for Tue, even after refreshing the Smart Queue.
- I checked the GQueues web interface and the task was correctly moved to Thurs.
- I closed then restarted the app, clicked Sync again, and the task continues to remain set for Tue.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Fritz

Sep 25, 2013, 12:47:06 PM9/25/13
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
I may have spoke too soon.  I just noticed that several tasks that I marked complete on the Android app are not marked complete on the website.  I'm resetting the account on the Android app now to try to get it to work again.

Jason Fritz

Sep 25, 2013, 3:28:50 PM9/25/13
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
Turned out to be a network issue on my end.  I apologize for the spam.

Diana Samalot

Apr 25, 2015, 8:44:28 AM4/25/15
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem as Jason. I don't have any tasks overdue on the web but they show in my app. On previous occasions I have deleted the task on both the web and the phone only to happen again.
I tried to reset the account, but my phone (samsung S5) is not giving me the option to reset or delete no matter how "long" I tap, the options I get are "insert tasks at the top" and "calendar integration"

Thank you
Diana

Cameron (GQueues Team)

Apr 28, 2015, 1:05:27 PM4/28/15
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diana -

Sorry for the trouble.  It sounds like you are going to "Settings" in the Android app and then tapping the account email address.

To reset an account, you should go to "Accounts..." and then long-tap the account email address.

If you still have trouble after resetting the account, you can try uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it from Google Play.

-Cameron

Cameron Henneke
Founder, GQueues

"The leading Google-integrated task management service for people and teams."

Ronnie

Aug 14, 2015, 1:49:17 AM8/14/15
to GQueues Discussion Forum
Hi Cameron,

I have had a similar issue for a long time now. I have tasks sitting on my phone still in my "Inbox" queue even when I have marked them complete on PC. I also have some tasks created on PC that don't show up in the android app. "Sync" from the three-dots options menu currently causes the app to close, but doesn't fix the discrepancy.

This problem crops up every now and then and has persisted through:
  • Resetting account  (this does make the PC and Android task lists match, but is a pain to do regularly and the de-sync happens again at a later date)
  • Deactivating Google Calendar Sync (I saw this suggested on another thread somewhere)
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling the app (similar to resetting account, this fixes the problem temporarily but it comes back)
  • Clean installs of Android OS.

Do you have any
Message has been deleted

Ronnie

Aug 19, 2021, 5:18:42 AM8/19/21
to GQueues Discussion Forum
Still having this issue 6 years later, on a new phone and different version of android. Breaks a pretty fundamental part of the app for me.