Android "Create Shortcut" links to top queue, not selected tasks

Nick Smarto

Feb 26, 2018, 8:07:01 PM2/26/18
to GQueues Discussion Forum
Use Case: Let's suppose I have a subtask hierarchy like: Personal > Trips > Colorado > Packing List > Toothbrush. In theory, I would expect if I drilled down to 'Packing List' and created shortcut for Android desktop, it should link to 'Packing List'. That way, I can quickly interact with that list way down in the hierarchy. Current behavior seems to create link to 'Personal' queue in this example.

Cameron (GQueues Team)

Feb 27, 2018, 11:59:26 AM2/27/18
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the feedback, Nick.  Yeah, right now the "create shortcut" is designed to just open the current queue.  It's a great suggestion though to shortcut to the specific task open.  I've added this to the list of requested improvements for the app.

-Cameron

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 6:07 PM, Nick Smarto <nicks...@gmail.com> wrote:
Use Case: Let's suppose I have a subtask hierarchy like: Personal > Trips > Colorado > Packing List > Toothbrush. In theory, I would expect if I drilled down to 'Packing List' and created shortcut for Android desktop, it should link to 'Packing List'. That way, I can quickly interact with that list way down in the hierarchy. Current behavior seems to create link to 'Personal' queue in this example.

Cameron Henneke
Founder, GQueues

"The leading Google-integrated task management service for people and teams."

Amy Smith