Next action...isn't really is it?

da...@abisuccess.com

Jun 17, 2017, 11:28:37 PM6/17/17
to GQueues Discussion Forum
Cameron,

I really like what you have done with GQ and integrating with Google.  The Next Action feature has really been causing me grief.  It seem of little help to see a Project (a Task with Subtasks) in the Next Action Smart Queue.  I would rather see the No 1 subtask as that is what is really the next action. Further, if the Subtask has a series of sub-subtasks, the next action for the project is really the no 1 sub-subtask.

As it is, I have not been able to find an effective way between Queues and Tags to show the next action of the current projects (while all the rest are on hold for instance) other than tagging the desired item as Next Action and filtering for the tag., then tagging the next task when the first is done and so on.  But that is an unwieldy process and counter productive.

If you have an answer it would be a major game changer.

Thank you,

Darin Ray
Founder, ABI
American Business Institute of Success and Prosperity

I would hands down promote GQueues to my business clients but for this glitch.  Your help would be appreciated.
Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 9.21.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 9.21.37 PM.png

Cameron (GQueues Team)

Jun 19, 2017, 11:30:16 AM6/19/17
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the feedback, Darin.

Yes, I understand how examining the subtasks for the Next Actions smart queue would be helpful.  I've put this on the list of improvements to consider for future development.

-Cameron

Cameron Henneke
Founder, GQueues

"The leading Google-integrated task management service for people and teams."

Darin Ray

Jun 19, 2017, 11:33:24 AM6/19/17
to Cameron (GQueues Team), gqu...@googlegroups.com
Great, thanks!
I look forward to it with great anticipation.
Darin

Larry

Alan Vincent

Jun 2, 2022, 4:47:56 PMJun 2
to GQueues Discussion Forum
I agree that the next action Smartlist is not worth anything. It may be a better idea to create a Smartlist that reference tags titled nextaction or something to that effect.