Task Overview: Why can't I add subtaskss in the task overview mode?

Divide Impera

Feb 25, 2015, 2:21:59 AM2/25/15
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

The GQueues is the really great app, but have only one very annoying feature, especially, when you are in working process and have a great idea concerning the task you are working on.
So I'm using Smart Queues just to organize the view of my next tasks, I place there subtasks with tag "Next" and I can go on the parent task and see all the subtasks through the Task Overview mode. It's really great, it concentrates me on the process, BUT (and it is very destractive) if I have any kind of irradiation about adding something to the parent task just now, I can't do it, I should go on My Queues, remember where is definitely my parent task is situated, open it and add my subtask, after that I change again to my SmartQueue and this round repeat and repeat...
Are you planning to do something with this? Or may be there is a fast way to add task, which I don't know?

Best regards,
Viktoriya

Cameron (GQueues Team)

Feb 26, 2015, 1:48:23 AM2/26/15
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Viktoriya -

Thanks for the feedback.  It's not currently possible to add subtasks when in Task Overview mode, but it's on the list of improvements to make.

-Cameron

Cameron Henneke
Founder, GQueues

"The leading Google-integrated task management service for people and teams."

Holmes1245

Aug 30, 2015, 3:53:49 AM8/30/15
to GQueues Discussion Forum
Yes, I'm a +1 on this too. It's nice to have the focused mode of the task overview but using it for the first time, I quickly realized I wasn't able to add tasks which didn't make sense to me. Hope this is in the works.

Joel

Cyrus Kirby

Aug 31, 2015, 5:57:41 PM8/31/15
to GQueues Discussion Forum
Cameron,

I want to add my voice to the group who would like the ability to add, organize, and structure a project using the Task Overview. I am finding myself clicking to the queue the project is held to make changes when all I really want to do is add a task while looking at the Task Overview. This would make the Task Overview a powerful tool, allow us to focus in on projects and the tasks associated with it.

Sincerely,

Cyrus Kirby

Sascha Ballweg

Sep 1, 2015, 3:57:47 AM9/1/15
to GQueues Discussion Forum
+1000 for this ;) It is probably the biggest minus gQueues has and it is not intuitive at all.
I would be very delighted to see a specific timetable for the implementation of an improvement.

Warm regards, Sascha

Holmes1245

Sep 1, 2015, 5:53:19 PM9/1/15
to GQueues Discussion Forum
ha ha! First time I've seen someone use a +1000. You have 999 other people using your account too, huh? ha ha!
Too funny.

My Account

Sep 2, 2015, 4:43:52 AM9/2/15
to GQueues Discussion Forum
Schizophrenia is not a thing to laugh about 😡

Holmes1245

Jan 21, 2016, 4:35:27 PM1/21/16
to GQueues Discussion Forum
Any chance this has moved up on the list of things to do? I'm not seeing it on the roadmap.

Joel

Nadya De Angelis

Jan 29, 2016, 11:15:38 AM1/29/16
to GQueues Discussion Forum
And where exactly is the roadmap?

Cyrus Kirby

Jan 29, 2016, 1:38:33 PM1/29/16
to GQueues Discussion Forum

Nadya De Angelis

Jan 29, 2016, 3:46:52 PM1/29/16
to GQueues Discussion Forum
Thank you.

None of the highly requested features discussed here many times (repeated subtasks, checklists, bulk editing etc.) made it to the roadmap:-(((

Joel Fannin

Jan 29, 2016, 4:03:32 PM1/29/16
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
The Roadmap is usually never a finished list. He adds features that he plans to work on as he goes. \

However, I feel the same way. I wish GQueues was a lot more powerful than it is. I certainly prefer it over apps that are much more popular. For me, there are a couple features that I need it to have to be reliable. I also wish that Cameron would use a voting system so we can all see which requests are most popular. This would at least allow him to respond as to why or why not those features can be implemented. I find the forums messy, making it hard for me to tell which are the most often requested features.

Joel

Michael Goulding

Feb 15, 2016, 3:50:08 PM2/15/16
to GQueues Discussion Forum
Yes we so need this!
Message has been deleted

Scott Andrew

Jun 27, 2017, 2:21:11 AM6/27/17
to GQueues Discussion Forum
I appreciate all you have been doing on GQueues Cameron.
Could we have an icon that shows if a task has subtasks.... when I hit 'G and O' I see them. I find I am GO'ing everything in my lists to see if they have a list of tasks.
I am using tags as context, and grouping by date - allows me to set tasks in a context(tag) to a date in the future and avoid the weekly review.
Thanks for making my complicated life easier
Scott

Cameron (GQueues Team)

Jun 28, 2017, 1:03:57 PM6/28/17
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Scott -

Thanks for the feedback.  Yes, I see how an icon indicating subtasks would be useful and have added this to the list of improvements to make.

There is a workaround that may help in the meantime:

For tasks that have subtasks, the 3-dot "more" dropdown menu is always visible.  In the example below, we know the blue "update website" task has subtasks because the 3-dot menu is showing.  So this is a little trick that may be helpful.

-Cameron