Backlinking

Andy Graff

May 3, 2023, 8:45:31 PM5/3/23
to GQueues Discussion Forum
Is there any way that GQueues can create a link in the calendar event it creates in Google Calendar that backlinks to the the task. It would make it so much easier to complete the task each time rather than having to search for it in GQueues and then checking it off.

Please. 🙏🏻

Jen L

May 4, 2023, 12:11:01 PM5/4/23
to GQueues Discussion Forum
Have you checked out the "GQueues for Google Calendar" chrome extension? It adds a fully functional checkbox directly to the Google Calendar event! I've used it for years and can't live without it.

Andy Graff

May 4, 2023, 7:33:27 PM5/4/23
to GQueues Discussion Forum
Yup, I have it installed and it's awesome. Really looking for a solution that works on mobile as I use my phone a lot.

Cameron (GQueues)

May 8, 2023, 11:48:34 AM5/8/23
to GQueues Discussion Forum
Great question, Andy!  As Jen mentioned, the calendar chrome extension is a great solution when working on a desktop computer.

Even without the Chrome extension installed the calendar event has a link to the GQueues task....but only on desktop!

Screen Shot 2023-05-08 at 9.41.33 AM.png

Unfortunately, the Google Calendar mobile app doesn't show these links.

There is one more option though for completing GQueues tasks from the Google Calendar mobile app, that may work for you:

You can delete the task from Google Calendar!

You'll want to modify GQueues Calendar Settings so that deleted tasks from calendar mark the task complete in GQueues.

Screen Shot 2023-05-08 at 9.47.41 AM.png

The downside is the completed task no longer appears on Google Calendar, but if that's not important to you then this may be a viable option.

-Cameron