Android App: gmail link in task note doesn't go to the actual email

Amy Smith

Sep 7, 2017, 11:20:48 AM9/7/17
to GQueues Discussion Forum
I have been using GQueues for a while now, hoping to use it with my small business team as our organization app. But GQueues has one big problem that is making me hesitate with that, so I thought I'd ask to see if I'm doing something wrong or if something can be changed.

When I link an e-mail to a task and click on the link in my android app, it doesn't take me to the actual email. It just takes me to my inbox in mobile gmail.  Huh? This is a big showstopper. Being able to access all the info related to a task and take action on that task on my phone is absolutely necessary.

GQueues does a really good job with the rest of the mobile app, but this seems like such a basic thing that I can't understand why it doesn't work. Can you help me out please?

Cameron (GQueues Team)

Sep 7, 2017, 11:51:33 AM9/7/17
to gqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amy -

When creating a task out of an email, use the "Attach this email" option instead of the "Link to this email" option.

When you attach the email, it will be accessible on the web and mobile devices, and also accessible by any collaborators who also have access to the task.

The "Link to this email" has limitations (not viewable on mobile or by other people) and is the reason why we created the "Attach" option.

-Cameron

Cameron Henneke
Founder, GQueues

"The leading Google-integrated task management service for people and teams."

Amy Smith

Sep 7, 2017, 12:03:16 PM9/7/17
to Cameron (GQueues Team), gqu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Cameron,

I do use the "attach this email" option when I simply need to view the information that is contained in that email. And it is indeed very helpful to have that option. Thank you.

But, I often use the "link to this email" option too because many times the action that I need to take is to reply to the email and I want to have the ability to do that right from GQueues without having to go look for the email. So it would be super helpful if the email links could work on mobile as well as desktop. Does that make sense?

Blessings,

Amy Smith

Cameron (GQueues Team)

Sep 7, 2017, 12:09:06 PM9/7/17
to Amy Smith, gqu...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that makes sense.  Unfortunately these limitations are from Google (the links simply don't work with the mobile version of Gmail), so there isn't much else we can do at this point.  -Cameron