corrupted double-linked list

Rolf T

Sep 24, 2018, 9:33:49 AM9/24/18
to Gqrx SDR
I have trouble with GQRX to run. When i type gqrx or click on the icon,
The computer is working for a while, but nothing happens.
So out of 100 try its fail 99 times.
Once it has started. Then it complained that the config file was corrupted.
Also tested with gqrx -r
I have tried both RTL dongel and Funcube with the same negative results.
The installation of the OS made with the latest version. Both with IMG files and NOOBS.
It is RPI is 3+
This is what the text in the terminal window looks like.
linux; GNU C++ version 6.2.0 20161010; Boost_106100; UHD_003.009.005-0-unknown

libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
qt5ct: using qt5ct plugin
Controlport disabled
No user supplied config file. Using "default.conf"
qt5ct: D-Bus global menu: no
gr-osmosdr 0.1.4 (0.1.4) gnuradio 3.7.10
built-in source types: file osmosdr fcd rtl rtl_tcp uhd miri hackrf bladerf rfspace airspy soapy redpitaya
FM demod gain: 1.52789
IQ DCR alpha: 1.04166e-05
Using audio backend: auto
BookmarksFile is /home/pi/.config/gqrx/bookmarks.csv
*** Error in `gqrx': corrupted double-linked list: 0x016caf10 *
(Sorry, but my native language is not English, hope nevertheless you understand what I mean)

rolf

Damon Howe

Oct 20, 2018, 9:39:37 PM10/20/18
to Gqrx SDR
also receiving this error on my pi3 with raspbian 18.04 pixel and my limesdr-mini
installed limesuity and all of soapysdr and they tested the device fine
installed gqrx from repo and i get this error
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ gqrx -r
linux; GNU C++ version 6.2.0 20161010; Boost_106100; UHD_003.009.005-0-unknown

libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
Controlport disabled
No user supplied config file. Using "default.conf"
Can not delete "/home/pi/.config/gqrx/default.conf" - file does not exist!
gr-osmosdr 0.1.4 (0.1.4) gnuradio 3.7.10
built-in source types: file osmosdr fcd rtl rtl_tcp uhd miri hackrf bladerf rfspace airspy soapy redpitaya
FM demod gain: 1.52789
IQ DCR alpha: 1.04166e-05
Using audio backend: auto
BookmarksFile is /home/pi/.config/gqrx/bookmarks.csv
*** Error in `gqrx': corrupted double-linked list: 0x01f8f318 ***
Aborted
pi@raspberrypi:~ $

Dr Phil

Oct 20, 2018, 11:50:48 PM10/20/18
to Gqrx SDR
Same problem here:  Using RTL with Rpi 3 plus latest GQRX version  and get the following error ;

linux; GNU C++ version 6.2.0 20161010; Boost_106100; UHD_003.009.005-0-unknown

libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
qt5ct: using qt5ct plugin
Controlport disabled
No user supplied config file. Using "default.conf"
qt5ct: D-Bus global menu: no
gr-osmosdr 0.1.4 (0.1.4) gnuradio 3.7.10
built-in source types: file osmosdr fcd rtl rtl_tcp uhd miri hackrf bladerf rfspace airspy soapy redpitaya
FM demod gain: 1.52789
IQ DCR alpha: 1.04166e-05
Using audio backend: auto
BookmarksFile is /home/pi/.config/gqrx/bookmarks.csv
*** Error in `gqrx': corrupted double-linked list: 0x005cd1d8 ***

Thanks

Dr Phil

Oct 21, 2018, 4:46:41 AM10/21/18
to Gqrx SDR
Perhaps the problem is in osmocom since I get this also:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ osmocom_fft
linux; GNU C++ version 6.2.0 20161010; Boost_106100; UHD_003.009.005-0-unknown

gr-osmosdr 0.1.4 (0.1.4) gnuradio 3.7.10
built-in source types: file osmosdr fcd rtl rtl_tcp uhd miri hackrf bladerf rfspace airspy soapy redpitaya
*** Error in `/usr/bin/python': corrupted double-linked list: 0x015f3fa8 ***
Aborted

Alexander Fasching

Oct 21, 2018, 4:51:19 AM10/21/18
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Please try the binary package from the website.
http://gqrx.dk/download/gqrx-sdr-for-the-raspberry-pi
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/9bc2dfd2-8002-40f0-a0a4-f001e544cda4%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/9bc2dfd2-8002-40f0-a0a4-f001e544cda4%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Dr Phil

Oct 21, 2018, 5:44:00 AM10/21/18
to Gqrx SDR
That is where I got the package from.

Alexander Fasching

Oct 21, 2018, 5:59:48 AM10/21/18
to gq...@googlegroups.com
I don't think you did.
The archive from the website includes a more recent version of
gr-osmosdr. The output you posted shows gr-osmosdr 0.1.4, which is
exactly the version provided by the Debian/Ubuntu/Raspbian repositories.

If you download the package from the website, then you have to run Gqrx
with ./gqrx from the extracted archive.

On 10/21/18 11:44 AM, Dr Phil wrote:
> That is where I got the package from.
>
> On Sunday, October 21, 2018 at 4:51:19 PM UTC+8, Alexander F. wrote:
>
> Please try the binary package from the website.
> http://gqrx.dk/download/gqrx-sdr-for-the-raspberry-pi
> <http://gqrx.dk/download/gqrx-sdr-for-the-raspberry-pi>
>

> On 10/21/18 10:46 AM, Dr Phil wrote:
> > Perhaps the problem is in osmocom since I get this also:
> >
> > pi@raspberrypi:~ $ osmocom_fft
> > linux; GNU C++ version 6.2.0 20161010; Boost_106100;
> > UHD_003.009.005-0-unknown
> >
> > gr-osmosdr 0.1.4 (0.1.4) gnuradio 3.7.10
> > built-in source types: file osmosdr fcd rtl rtl_tcp uhd miri hackrf
> > bladerf rfspace airspy soapy redpitaya
> > *** Error in `/usr/bin/python': corrupted double-linked list:
> 0x015f3fa8 ***
> > Aborted
> >
> > --
> <javascript:>
> > <mailto:gq...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/9bc2dfd2-8002-40f0-a0a4-f001e544cda4%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/8371e813-dd22-4961-a94d-f4ec584597a8%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/8371e813-dd22-4961-a94d-f4ec584597a8%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Dr Phil

Oct 21, 2018, 7:50:20 AM10/21/18
to Gqrx SDR
Re-installed and works fine now - thanks.

Martin Beekhuis

Oct 21, 2018, 4:09:16 PM10/21/18
to Gqrx SDR

I found this in the above link:
"

i found this by googling the "double linked list" error

Update:

I looked into this today, and it turned out to be the classical error: I had 2 versions of the gnu radio packages installed on my system and had built the gr-osmosdr against the wrong one. I have now removed the precompiled gnuradio, rebuilt gr-osmosdr and the crash is gone.

I found this with valgrind, because valgrind provided better stack traces than the glibc. "

Alan Corey

May 27, 2019, 7:21:52 PM5/27/19
to Gqrx SDR
Yes, the one at http://gqrx.dk/download/gqrx-sdr-for-the-raspberry-pi seems to be the only one that works on a Pi (3B here).  I just tried the deb version again because I was wondering if there's one that supports a bias tee and the direct tuning hack for HF.  The Pi version might not keep up with mainstream gqrx.