Mac os X 10.14 Mojave and Realtek RTL2832U. Issues with late Mac OS X releases?

Matthias Hölling

May 30, 2019, 11:56:53 AM5/30/19
to Gqrx SDR

I hadn't used Gqrx for a year or so and wanted to dig it out as I am doing some development with 433 MHz transmitters and Gqrx makes it easy to do some basic debugging.
When I plug in my Realtek Dongle, it appears in the system and Gqrx finds it.  However, the waterfall just stays blank (I did press start on the top left), no signal seems to be received and the Realtek dongle disappears in the USB devices list in the System Profile.
I also tried CubicSDR to see if it is an issue with Gqrx, but it also feels like a hardware/driver issue.

Is this known or has someone else made this experience?
Or is could my Realtek device be broken?

I have been searching around for the longest time and could not find anything about drivers or similar that needs to be installed.  With all tutorials / videos it looks as if it should just work "out of the box"
Any pointers are appreciated

Matthias Hölling

May 30, 2019, 12:06:40 PM5/30/19
to Gqrx SDR
Well, sometime posting something helps.
I ran the program about 4 times with gqrx -r from the terminal and it never worked.  Now, all of a sudden it does.
I have no idea why this happened.
So you can consider this as solved.