Feature suggestion, remember audio gain for each demodulate mode

Terrance Huang

Aug 26, 2016, 1:55:35 AM8/26/16
to Gqrx SDR
AM(AM,SSB...), NBFM and WBFM have different audio output level characters, NBFM likely very loud, WBFM very quiet and AM between them. And FM modes need squelch to be set to avoid loud noise, while AM modes does not.

It's very grateful if audio gain and squelch can be remembered with demod modes.

Thanks~

Alexandru Csete

Aug 28, 2016, 1:37:41 PM8/28/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Terrance,

Thanks for the feedback. I plan to take a new look at the demodulators
sometime soon and will also look into making the audio levels more
uniform. I would also like to take a look at storing various settings
depending on mode, but that will require quite a significant change in
the configuration part so it is a little farther out in the future.

Alex