RSP1 onboard filters

kellogs

May 10, 2024, 5:07:50 AMMay 10
to Gqrx SDR
Does GQRX make any use of the notch filters ? How about the band pass filters ?

Thank you

Jeff Long

May 10, 2024, 6:33:43 AMMay 10
to gq...@googlegroups.com
The SoapySDRPlay options should be available as device string variables (rfnotch_ctrl and dabnotch_ctrl). I can't remember if the variables show up in the gui.

On Fri, May 10, 2024 at 5:07 AM kellogs <miha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does GQRX make any use of the notch filters ? How about the band pass filters ?

Thank you

Catalin Popa

May 10, 2024, 8:04:03 AMMay 10
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Okay, done a search on the terms and found this document: https://www.sdrplay.com/docs/SDRplay_API_Specification_v3.07.pdf

Not sure, but it seems like the band pass filters are not made available through that API. Is that the case ? Or maybe GQRX uses a different API version which exposes the BPFs.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Gqrx SDR" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/CAC5f9jZBjoO-3PJte1o7cxr6YJfMxUYzh5E-69%3DmcRUgraS7jA%40mail.gmail.com.

Jeff Long

May 10, 2024, 12:54:53 PMMay 10
to gq...@googlegroups.com
I thought the bandpass filters were automatic, but haven't gone back to look.

Mailer

May 10, 2024, 3:36:45 PMMay 10
to gq...@googlegroups.com
To use the notch filters, you have to specify them in the device
string in the File -> I/O devices pull-down menu. So to apply the AM/FM
broadcast notch filter I have the device string
"driver=sdrplay,soapy=0,rfnotch_ctrl=true". This is with a RSP1A SDR
device.

You can apply the DAB filter similarly.

You can set bandwidth from the same menu, if that is what you meant.
The filtering is done automatically by the hardware.

You need a sufficiently recent version of SoapySDRPlay-2 or
SoapySDRPlay-3 for the specification of notch filtering in the device
string to work (the commit was made around November 2021 in the case
of SoapySDRPlay-2).

Chris