Gqrx 2.2 OSX build crashes when rec_dir is not set and recording is started

Alexander Janssen

Dec 7, 2013, 1:21:01 PM12/7/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

elsewhere I read that Gqrx tries to save a recording to the directory from where Gqrx was started. Now I'm starting Gqrx from OSX's Finder and I'm not quite sure which directory that would be, but there's a big chance that this could be a directory where my regular user-account doesn't have write-privileges. However, if rec_dir isn't set and you press record, it crashes, reproducibly.
Just an idea, QT- and OSX-stack-traces are a mystery to me.

OSX 10.7.5, Gqrx 2.2 official build, FCDPP.

Cheers, Alex.

Alexander Janssen

Dec 7, 2013, 1:31:42 PM12/7/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
I also want to add, that after a crash, you're presented with the "Do you wan to edit the settings"-dialogue; after running this, rec_dir is reset back to nothing.

HTH, Alex.

Alexandru Csete

Dec 7, 2013, 1:51:45 PM12/7/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 7:21 PM, Alexander Janssen
<alexande...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> elsewhere I read that Gqrx tries to save a recording to the directory from
> where Gqrx was started. Now I'm starting Gqrx from OSX's Finder and I'm not
> quite sure which directory that would be, but there's a big chance that this
> could be a directory where my regular user-account doesn't have
> write-privileges. However, if rec_dir isn't set and you press record, it
> crashes, reproducibly.
> Just an idea, QT- and OSX-stack-traces are a mystery to me.

Thanks for the report. Fortunately, we have fixed this already and it
will be available in the next release (or already available as
snapshot through macports :).

Btw. if you want to check what has been fixed since the last release,
a quick overview is available in the news.txt file here:
https://github.com/csete/gqrx/blob/master/news.txt

Alex

Alexander Janssen

Dec 7, 2013, 1:59:08 PM12/7/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, December 7, 2013 7:51:45 PM UTC+1, Alexandru Csete wrote:
Thanks for the report. Fortunately, we have fixed this already and it
will be available in the next release (or already available as
snapshot through macports :).

Thanks! I looked into the news.txt, looks quite good. I'll try to grab me a fresh Gqrx from Macports, some other issues already seem to be resolved which where nagging a little.
Considering that you label it beta, it's working pretty good and has a way better looking waterfall FFT then, let's say, DSP Radio.

Thanks and keep up the good work! Just one question remaining: Where's the donation button...? :-)

Alex

Alex.

Alexander Janssen

Dec 7, 2013, 2:57:07 PM12/7/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday, December 7, 2013 7:59:08 PM UTC+1, Alexander Janssen wrote:
I'll try to grab me a fresh Gqrx from Macports, some other issues already seem to be resolved which where nagging a little.

Hm, is it too early to file a crash-report against the gqrx-devel port in Macports?

Cheers, Alex.

Alexandru Csete

Dec 7, 2013, 4:36:37 PM12/7/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
No, it is not; however, I might not be able to address the issue right
away. Furthermore, I have no control over which versions of the other
packages are included.

Alex