Undefined symbol (rtlsdr_set_bias_tee) after install from PPA

Ilya

Sep 5, 2017, 5:59:15 AM9/5/17
to Gqrx SDR
I had a working gqrx install from PPA in Ubuntu that I used with an RTL-SDR dongle. The install was done as described in http://gqrx.dk/download/install-ubuntu. After a recent apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade gqrx stopped launching.

I did a cleanup and install exactly as described in http://gqrx.dk/download/install-ubuntu. But I get a symbol lookup error upon startup with RTL-SDR:

gqrx: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgnuradio-osmosdr.so.0.1.5git: undefined symbol: rtlsdr_set_bias_tee

The full log was posted in https://github.com/csete/gqrx/issues/555.

The solution suggested there is to remove libraries that have been installed from source. However, I have specifically checked that before update from PPA there is no trace of libgnuradio-osmosdr* in /usr/lib/*.

Ubuntu version according to lsb_release -a is 16.04.3 LTS.

Any suggestions how to restore the setup?

Alexandru Csete

Sep 5, 2017, 7:39:10 AM9/5/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 11:59 AM, Ilya <ilya.ki...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The solution suggested there is to remove libraries that have been installed
> from source. However, I have specifically checked that before update from
> PPA there is no trace of libgnuradio-osmosdr* in /usr/lib/*.

The problem is not libgnuradio-osmosdr but librtlsdr and you should
check in /usr/local/lib as this is the default installation location
when building from source.

Alex

Ilya

Sep 5, 2017, 8:24:35 AM9/5/17
to Gqrx SDR
Right, I found librtlsdr libraries in /usr/local/lib. Removed them and did ldconfig. gqrx now works. Thanks for help!

cristian pancià

Sep 13, 2017, 2:09:03 AM9/13/17
to Gqrx SDR
Hi there same error about the undefined symbol,any other tips how to solve the crash

Christian

Sep 13, 2017, 3:46:26 AM9/13/17
to Gqrx SDR

Il giorno mercoledì 13 settembre 2017 08:09:03 UTC+2, cristian pancià ha scritto:
Hi there same error about the undefined symbol,any other tips how to solve the crash

Hi, I had the same problem, then I run:
sudo apt-get purge --auto-remove librtlsdr0 librtlsdr-dev gr-osmosdr
and reinstalled gqrx. Hope this will help.

Christian

cristian pancià

Sep 15, 2017, 3:59:31 AM9/15/17
to Gqrx SDR