No audio FFT data

pluto7777

Nov 20, 2013, 12:01:14 AM11/20/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
http://pastebin.com/X2HvwzZX

I was having some issues with my b100 and Gqrx so I nuked everything and started fresh.

https://github.com/csete/gqrx/issues/125

I have also been following this issue and I'm assuming things still haven't been completely ironed out.

Gqrx actually starts up this time, but after I start the DSP I get two seconds of radio before everything stops.

-James

Alexandru Csete

Nov 20, 2013, 7:21:12 AM11/20/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 6:01 AM, pluto7777 <plut...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://pastebin.com/X2HvwzZX
>
> I was having some issues with my b100 and Gqrx so I nuked everything and
> started fresh.
>
> https://github.com/csete/gqrx/issues/125
>
> I have also been following this issue and I'm assuming things still haven't
> been completely ironed out.

Ettus has confirmed that there is a bug in the UHD driver causing that
issue and I have been waiting for that to be fixed. There can still be
a bug in gqrx related to that; however, that issue would prevent the
aplpication from running completely.

> Gqrx actually starts up this time, but after I start the DSP I get two
> seconds of radio before everything stops.

How does it stop? Is the window frozen and inactive or it just stops processing?
The "No audio FFT data" isn't really an error on it's own, it's more
like a consequence of not enough data arriving to the audio FFT block.
What I find strange is that there apepars to be no error message in
your output, so apparently it just locks up somewhere when the
gnuradio flowgraph is reconfigured during the "Force RX reconf".

You could try to disable the auromatic reconfiguration,, but I believe
that will only postpone the problem until the first time you change
anything (mode, filter, etc.)

Alex

Alexandru Csete

Nov 20, 2013, 7:36:09 AM11/20/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 1:21 PM, Alexandru Csete <oz9...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 6:01 AM, pluto7777 <plut...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://pastebin.com/X2HvwzZX
>>
>> I was having some issues with my b100 and Gqrx so I nuked everything and
>> started fresh.
>>
>> https://github.com/csete/gqrx/issues/125
>>
>> I have also been following this issue and I'm assuming things still haven't
>> been completely ironed out.
>
> Ettus has confirmed that there is a bug in the UHD driver causing that
> issue and I have been waiting for that to be fixed. There can still be
> a bug in gqrx related to that; however, that issue would prevent the
> aplpication from running completely.

Okay, I can see in the git history that Ettus has fixed the reported
issues. I will take a look and see if anything needs fixed in gqrx but
I probably wont have time this week and perhaps next week either.

However, my intiial assessment that the issue you are having is due to
something else is still valid.

Alex

pluto7777

Nov 20, 2013, 2:39:37 PM11/20/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
>>How does it stop?
The audio, fft, and waterfall stop working. The windows, sliders, and radio boxes all continue to work. I must restart to get audio again. I did tune into my favorite FM radio station before starting the DSP and got music for a couple of seconds before it stopped.
>>I probably wont have time this week and perhaps next week either.
You take as long as you need Alex. I appreciate the work that you do.

-James