install gqrx on PCLinuxOs KDE 64-bit

dmcga...@optonline.net

Sep 1, 2014, 2:31:47 PM9/1/14
to gq...@googlegroups.com
I'm afraid I don't understand how to implement the instructions I found here on a post I can't find again. It uses a command I don't have: qmake. I do not have qmake or qt4make.  Also, these instructions show the line,
"qmake .."  so IF I had qmake, I don't know what I would do about those dots. The instructions crash at this point:  (I tried to go on past it, but of course that didn't work)

[root@dell2 gqrx.git]# qmake ..
bash: qmake: command not found
[root@dell2 gqrx.git]# make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

I have tried to get qmake-4.8.6-1mgc30.rpm from sourceForge, but all I get is a list of other things that are apparently totally unrelated! What's more, this qmake requires a whole batch of dependencies which i don't have either!
There seems to be no way to get to gqrx from PCLinuxOS!

Has anyone built an rpm for gqrx that includes all the dependencies and everything, so I could just install it?

Thanx--doug

David Ranch

Sep 1, 2014, 4:35:01 PM9/1/14
to gq...@googlegroups.com

I'm not familiar with with PCLinuxOS but it looks to be Debian based.  If you're lucky, you can follow these instructions to add an external PPA to download pre-built binaries:

   https://launchpad.net/~gqrx/+archive/ubuntu/releases

If that doesn't work for you, the dependency path to get Gqrx going can be significant.  I've documented what's required for Centos linux at:

   http://www.trinityos.com/HAM/CentosDigitalModes/hampacketizing-centos.html#42b.gnuradio

It *is* possible that there are other PCLinuxOS binaries posted somewhere else that will save you much of that work but you'll need to research where and how to install them.

--David

Doug

Sep 1, 2014, 7:36:27 PM9/1/14
to gq...@googlegroups.com
--
Thanx, David.   I  looked at the launchpad url, which would probably be useful if it were rpm-based, as is PCLOS, but I don't think I could make use of a deb-based repository.
PCLInuxOS (PCLOS) ultimately derives from Mandrake/Mandriva, but that was some time ago. It is rpm-based, like RedHat and Fedora, and apparently Centos.

I believe that gqrx MAY be supported directly by Ubuntu, which I am not interested in pursuing in toto, but Mint uses Ubuntu sources, so perhaps I
will investigate that, altho I really didn't want to have to go to another distro.

--doug

grege...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2014, 10:14:15 AM9/2/14
to gq...@googlegroups.com
The Ubuntu PPA's (releases and snapshots) install and work fine in Linux Mint.  Also, Mint has it's own package for Gqrx 2.2.0.

Greg Ella