Distorted Audio Hack RF with gqrx. Debian Linux Dongle. (XtraPC)

Michael Saunders

Sep 21, 2018, 4:16:56 AM9/21/18
to Gqrx SDR

Has anybody experienced distorted and noisy audio with Hack RF. If I were to believe the Hack RF training videos the noise could be quantization distortion/noise but there doesn't seem to be any control in GQRX of the sample rate permanently set at 48K or other Idiosyncrasies of its firmware pointed out in GRC. Is there a more suitable GUI for HackRF or does anybody have any idea of what the settings should be inGQRX
There has to be a genuine noise floor in any particular RF band rather than that caused by sampling so is the computer the source of noise, should I be shielding the Hack RF or perhaps providing a front end RF amplifier/mixer combination. There seems to be little documentation to cover these issues.