No UHD package for saucy x86_64 in ppa

Darren Long

Oct 26, 2013, 7:36:09 AM10/26/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

I just performed a dist upgrade to saucy. I cleared out all legacy
gnuradio stuff using a modifed nuke script (contents appended below) and
have installed gqrx from your ppa.

The bad news is that it seems there is no UHD package for saucy x86_64
yet in the ppa repo, so I can't use my USRP, which is a shame.

There is good news too though. My new FCD-Pro-Plus now works with gqrx,
I couldn't get it to work before the 'refresh' with source builds. This
is good news! I'm still having an issue getting my HackRF to work with
gqrx, but I had that issue before the refresh. It works with other stuff
using the osmo source.

Keep up the good work Alex,

Cheers,

Darren, G0HWW

Alexandru Csete

Oct 26, 2013, 7:52:27 AM10/26/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Darren,

It seems I have forgotten to build it, or maybe there was an error - I
don't quite remember. I have requested a build now but it will take a
day or so before it is done.

As for the hackrf - I haven't tried it lately but it worked last time
while I was working on the new gain settings.

Alex

Darren Long

Oct 26, 2013, 8:20:44 AM10/26/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Alex. No rush :)

It seems I forgot to append the nuke script to my first email.

It's appended to this one.

Cheers,

Darren, G0HWW

###

PREFIX=/usr/local
rm -rf $PREFIX/bin/gr_*
rm -rf $PREFIX/bin/usrp*
rm -rf $PREFIX/bin/uhd*
rm -rf $PREFIX/bin/grc*
rm -rf $PREFIX/bin/volk*
rm -rf $PREFIX/bin/gnuradio*
rm -rf $PREFIX/bin/find_usrps
rm -rf $PREFIX/bin/lsusrp
rm -rf $PREFIX/bin/hackrf*
rm -rf $PREFIX/bin/rtl*
rm -rf $PREFIX/bin/osmocom*
rm -rf $PREFIX/bin/test_all

rm -rf $PREFIX/etc/gnuradio

rm -rf $PREFIX/include/gnuradio
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/gruel
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/fpga_*
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/mb_*
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/mblock
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/pmt*
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/usrp*
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/iqbalance*
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/fcdproplus*
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/rtl-*
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/uhd*
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/volk*
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/pmt*
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/libhackrf*
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/osmosdr*

rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/libgnuradio*
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/libuhd*
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/libvolk*
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/librtlsdr*
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/libhackrf*
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/libgr*
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/libmblock*
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/libpmt*
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/libusrp*

rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/fcdproplus*
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio*
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/grc_*
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/iqbalance*
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/osmosdr*
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pmt*
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/volk_*

rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gnuradio
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/python2.7/site-packages/usrpm
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/python2.7/site-packages/grc
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/python2.7/site-packages/grc_gnuradio

rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig/gnuradio*.pc
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig/gr-wxgui*.pc
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig/gruel.pc
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig/mblock.pc
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig/pmt.pc
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig/usrp*.pc
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig/libhackrf.pc
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig/librtlsdr.pc
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig/volk.pc
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig/uhd.pc

rm -rf $PREFIX/share/doc/gnuradio*
rm -rf $PREFIX/share/doc/usrp*
rm -rf $PREFIX/share/doc/uhd
rm -rf $PREFIX/share/gnuradio
rm -rf $PREFIX/share/grc
rm -rf $PREFIX/share/usrp
rm -rf $PREFIX/share/uhd
ldconfig

###

Darren Long

Oct 27, 2013, 2:03:55 PM10/27/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alex,

Having worked my way back around to trying the USRP again, I've hit
another problem. It seemed that I need to fetch the UHD firmware with
uhd_images_downloader but now I get an error about a mismatched ABI.
This occurs with gqrx (as below) and also with a simple grc flowgraph.
Any ideas?

Cheers,

Darren

------
$ gqrx
linux; GNU C++ version 4.8.1; Boost_105300; UHD_003.005.004-0-unknown

gr-osmosdr v0.1.x-xxx-xunknown (0.1.1git) gnuradio 3.7.1
built-in source types: file osmosdr fcd rtl rtl_tcp uhd hackrf bladerf
netsdr
Using Volk machine: sse4_2_64_orc
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to DockInputCtl "DockInputCtl",
which already has a layout
gr-osmosdr v0.1.x-xxx-xunknown (0.1.1git) gnuradio 3.7.1
built-in source types: file osmosdr fcd rtl rtl_tcp uhd hackrf bladerf
netsdr

FATAL:
GR-UHD detected ABI compatibility mismatch with UHD library.
GR-UHD was build against ABI: 3.4.0-0,
but UHD library reports ABI: 3.4.0-3
Suggestion: install an ABI compatible version of UHD,
or rebuild GR-UHD component against this ABI version.

Trying to fill up 1 missing channel(s) with null source(s).
This is being done to prevent the application from crashing
due to a gnuradio bug. The maintainers have been informed.

'boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::math::rounding_error>
>'
what(): Error in function boost::math::round<f>(f): Value -inf can
not be represented in the target integer type.
Aborted (core dumped)
----

Alexandru Csete

Oct 27, 2013, 2:12:34 PM10/27/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
I guess I need to rebuild gnuradio too, although I really would have
expected a change in the version number if the ABI changes...

Alex
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/526D558B.1080505%40mac.com.

Alexandru Csete

Oct 27, 2013, 6:58:55 PM10/27/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
There should be newly built gnuradio for i386 and amd64 Saucy. I hope
it will now work better. Otherwise I may just have to rebuild
everything...

Alex

mki0331

Nov 30, 2013, 5:06:41 PM11/30/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,
the same I have here with a fresh new installed Ubuntu 12.04.3-desktop 64bit:

FATAL:
GR-UHD detected ABI compatibility mismatch with UHD library.
GR-UHD was build against ABI: 3.4.0-3,
but UHD library reports ABI: 3.6.0-1

Suggestion: install an ABI compatible version of UHD,
or rebuild GR-UHD component against this ABI version.

cheers markus