where is the spectrum?

ozner

Feb 11, 2016, 12:36:33 PM2/11/16
to Gqrx SDR
Hi! I'm new to the gqrx world.
I am running gqrx - 2.5.2-3 on mac el capitan. It works but I can see only the waterfalls not the spectrum. Probably I am missing some setting. Where is the switch to make the spectrum appear??
thank you!

Alexandru Csete

Feb 11, 2016, 2:03:32 PM2/11/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com
The spectrum is just above the waterfall ;-)

Jokes aside, if you don't see anything there it is probably because
you need to move the vertical range and/or offset. It depends a lot on
what hardware you use, which gain settings and whether you have an
antenna connected or not.

Look under FFT settings.

PS:; the latest version is 2.5.3.

Alex

ozner

Feb 11, 2016, 4:15:07 PM2/11/16
to Gqrx SDR
Problem solved! I've just clicked on the cursor "ref.level" (or "db range") without sliding it (at least as far as i remember) and the spectrum appeared.
At any rate, thanks for your prompt reply!
P.S. I confirm the spectrum is above the waterfalls;-)

Phuoc-Tai Huynh

Aug 4, 2016, 11:14:22 AM8/4/16
to Gqrx SDR
Hi Alexandru and Ozner,

I have the same problem when using rtl-sdr and gqrx-2.5.3-57.
I went to FFT Settings and touched on Averaging, then the spectrum appeared. Weird!

Before that I got below warning when open gqrx or load a config file.
"Gqrx has detected problem with current configuration. Loading the configuration will crash...."

Is it the reason? What options do you suggest for rtl-sdr?

Alexandru Csete

Aug 4, 2016, 2:44:23 PM8/4/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 5:14 PM, Phuoc-Tai Huynh <huynhp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Alexandru and Ozner,
>
> I have the same problem when using rtl-sdr and gqrx-2.5.3-57.
> I went to FFT Settings and touched on Averaging, then the spectrum appeared.
> Weird!

Did you have this behavior from the very beginning or did it come
after you were using gqrx for a while?
I thinki it is a bug but I have not yet been able to reproduce it locally.

> Before that I got below warning when open gqrx or load a config file.
> "Gqrx has detected problem with current configuration. Loading the
> configuration will crash...."
>
> Is it the reason? What options do you suggest for rtl-sdr?

I don't think so.

Alex