Bluetooth Audio

Phil Grant

Feb 17, 2019, 2:39:27 PM2/17/19
to Gqrx SDR
Hi,
Installed this on my Pi 3 and I'm trying to get audio over my Bluetooth connected speaker, I can play music via VLC and it comes out of the Bluetooth connected speaker but in GQRX there is no selection for Bluetooth or the name of the speaker in the audio selection settings, can it connect to a Bluetooth sink?

Cheers,
Phil

Alexandru Csete

Feb 17, 2019, 4:25:29 PM2/17/19
to Gqrx
Hi Phil,

Do you know whether bluetooth requires pulseaudio on the raspberry pi?

Also, please always mention how you installed gqrx because there is a
huge difference between using the package from the repository and
using the binary package built by me.

Alex

Phil Grant

Feb 17, 2019, 6:15:03 PM2/17/19
to Gqrx SDR
Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes it requires Pulseaudio, it's running pulseaudio.

I Installed following the instructions in this Youtube video https://youtu.be/7pgCC4cqgTc

Cheers,
Phil

Alexandru Csete

Feb 18, 2019, 4:46:29 AM2/18/19
to Gqrx
The RPI binary is built using ALSA because PulseAudio+Gqrx was using
too much CPU. Sorry, but this can not be changed at this time as
switching to pulseaudio would require a large amount of testing and
re-optimizations that I do not have time for right now :(
Alex
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/91d9349c-7fbf-4456-8494-7a07625145fa%40googlegroups.com.

Phil Grant

Feb 18, 2019, 5:44:23 AM2/18/19
to Gqrx SDR
Alex,
No problem, at least I know why :-)

I'm finding that using Bluetooth on the Pi is a minefield and a disaster and not reliable.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question, keep up the good work.

Phil