Error while loading shared libraries: libgnuradio-osmosdr.so.0.1.4

Tyler C

Apr 17, 2018, 12:26:07 PM4/17/18
to Gqrx SDR
Let me start by stating that I am aware of the following thread: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/gqrx/error$20while$20loading$20shared$20libraries|sort:date/gqrx/UWZpaJWsX-E/q3bgE5Y4DAAJ
but the instructions didn't work for me.

Also just installing Gqrx-SDR from apt works but when specifying to use this ppa:gqrx/gqrx-sdr it didn't work.  I was following the instructions provided here: http://gqrx.dk/download/install-ubuntu to install gqrx but I changed sudo apt-get install gqrx-sdr to sudo apt install gqrx-srd=2.6-1 because otherwise it would default to the older version.

I've also tried copying the libgnuradio-osmosdr.so file from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu to /usr/bin as the other answer suggests but that didn't do anything, and nothing seems weird/off about the permissions of either file.

I greatly appreciate any assist you guys can offer.

I'll be on and off today and have notifications to email me on updates so I'll try to respond asap, but I have classes and work today.

Thanks for the help.

Robert Eckelmann

Apr 18, 2018, 10:24:28 AM4/18/18
to Gqrx SDR
Could youtell us which distribution and which version of it you are on?
Have you done the "sudo apt-get update" step completed sucessfully?

the ppa should have gqrx  2.11.4  so I am wondering why you do not get this version installed

Tyler C

Apr 18, 2018, 11:17:15 PM4/18/18
to Gqrx SDR
I'm on Ubuntu 17.10, and I have to say I'm feeling pretty stupid.  When I read your comment I went and say that I used apt install gqrx-sdr it was installing 2.11.4 with no problems, and that I have someone been repeatedly misreading it as 2.1.14.  I'm happy to say  that my SDR has arrived and the software is working perfectly, I was just a complete idiot.  Thank you guys for the help anyways.