Pi 4 Raspian gqrx controlport disabled pulseaudio error

juro Znirp

Oct 20, 2019, 8:58:30 AM10/20/19
to Gqrx SDR

Hello,
I installed gqrx v 2.11.5 on Raspberry Pi 4 with Raspian OS with add/remove software.Starting gqrx following error occurs:

- qt5ct: using gq5ct plugin
- Controlport disabled
-"Pulseaudio error: access denied"

As an alternativ, gqrx was installed via console with the same result.

How can I resolve this problem?

Best Regards

Juro

juro Znirp

Oct 20, 2019, 11:19:43 AM10/20/19
to Gqrx SDR
Hi,
in the meantime I changed from Raspbian Stretch to Buster and got again errors. It says, that the controlpart of Funcube cannot be found. I checked Funcube pro + under windows and everything works without problem. Here the complete output of the error:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ gqrx
qt5ct: using qt5ct plugin
Controlport disabled
No user supplied config file. Using "default.conf"
qt5ct: D-Bus global menu: no
gr-osmosdr 0.1.4 (0.1.4) gnuradio 3.7.13.4
built-in source types: file osmosdr fcd rtl rtl_tcp uhd miri hackrf bladerf rfspace airspy airspyhf soapy redpitaya freesrp
FM demod gain: 3.05577
Resampling audio 96000 -> 48000
IQ DCR alpha: 1.04166e-05
Using audio backend: auto
BookmarksFile is /home/pi/.config/gqrx/bookmarks.csv
[INFO] [UHD] linux; GNU C++ version 8.2.0; Boost_106700; UHD_3.13.1.0-3

RtApiAlsa::getDeviceInfo: snd_pcm_open error for device (hw:0,1), Das Gerät oder die Ressource ist belegt.

RtApiAlsa::getDeviceInfo: snd_pcm_open error for device (hw:0,2), Das Gerät oder die Ressource ist belegt.

getDeviceList : Available input devices:
   "FUNcube Dongle V2.0"
   "RFSPACE SDR-IQ Receiver"
   "RFSPACE SDR-IP Receiver"
   "RFSPACE NetSDR Receiver"
   "RFSPACE Cloud-IQ Receiver"
   "hw:FUNcube Dongle V2.0,0"
   "default"
   "RTL-SDR Spectrum Server"
   "Red Pitaya Transceiver Server"
   "Complex Sampled (IQ) File"
Configuration file: "/home/pi/.config/gqrx/default.conf"
gr-osmosdr 0.1.4 (0.1.4) gnuradio 3.7.13.4
built-in source types: file osmosdr fcd rtl rtl_tcp uhd miri hackrf bladerf rfspace airspy airspyhf soapy redpitaya freesrp
Using FUNcube Dongle V2.0 (hw:1)
gr::log :INFO: audio source - Audio source arch: alsa
Opened: hw:1

FATAL: FunCube Dongle  V2.0 soundcard found but not controlpart.

Trying to fill up 1 missing channel(s) with null source(s).
This is being done to prevent the application from crashing
due to gnuradio bug #528.

********************
********************
No change in output device:
  old:
  new:

Failed to set RX input rate to 192000
Your device may not be working properly.

IQ DCR samp_rate: 192000
IQ DCR alpha: 5.20831e-06
Changing NB_RX quad rate: 96000 -> 192000
Requested sample rate: 192000
Actual sample rate   : "192000.000000"
New FFT rate: 25 Hz
Requested bandwidth: 0 Hz
Actual bandwidth   : 0 Hz
setFreqCorr : 0 ppm
New LNB LO: 0 Hz
updateHWFrequencyRange failed fetching new hardware frequency range
New mode index: 7
Filter preset for mode 7 LO: 100 HI: 2800
Generating taps for new filter   LO:100   HI:2800 TW:540   Taps: 429
setFftRate to "25 fps"
New FFT rate: 25 Hz
New FFT rate: 25 Hz
setFftSize to "8192"
New FFT rate: 25 Hz
Generating taps for new filter   LO:100   HI:2800 TW:540   Taps: 429
New FFT rate: 25 Hz
New FFT rate: 25 Hz
No audio FFT data.
No audio FFT data.
No audio FFT data.
No audio FFT data.
No audio FFT data.
No audio FFT data.
No audio FFT data.
No audio FFT data.
New FFT rate: 25 Hz
New FFT rate: 25 Hz
saveSettings *** FIXME_ SQL on/off
New FFT rate: 25 Hz

Any Help is appreciated.

Best Regards

Juro

juro Znirp

Nov 8, 2019, 12:57:11 PM11/8/19
to Gqrx SDR
HI,

in the meantime I got my Gqrx running on Raspberry Pi 4 without any problems by myself. Following changes were necessary:
- activate pulseaudio -D
- output sound on Raspberry audio jack
- on raspian desktop: speaker output changed to analog (hdmi didn´t work, as I am using an old monitor with an converter to hdmi)
- Gqrx receiver options: gain to more or less 8dB.

Saludos

Juro

Keeta

Nov 10, 2019, 2:25:21 AM11/10/19
to Gqrx SDR
I have almost the same problem. Pulseaudio causing me lots of grief. I tried what you said with restarting pulseaudio -d but it did nothing.

Each time i try to use pulseaudio it disables/locks my volume at only 2% on my hdmi and 3.5mm jack. Any attempt to increase the volume disables them.