GQRX won't run after update

Zara Hall

Sep 7, 2016, 1:31:59 PM9/7/16
to Gqrx SDR
gqrx: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgnuradio-uhd.so.3.7.10: undefined symbol: _ZN3uhd4usrp10multi_usrp7ALL_LOSE

Robin Gape

Sep 7, 2016, 2:34:18 PM9/7/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com

Zara,

there was an issue with a broken upgrade, now fixed. In short, the solution was:

  • completely remove packages gqrx-sdr, gnuradio and their dependencies
  • completely remove package gr-iqbal, a rogue package that caused the upgrade to be broken
  • update the package list (Reload package information on synaptic) This step is essential!
  • re-install package gqrx-sdr, which will bring in everything cleanly

The process has failed for some folk who had previously installed GQRX from source, some of whom had forgotten the fact. In those cases, severe cleaning of the old gnuradio libraries was necessary.

For more background, info &c., try checking out:
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/0d602c8b-fb77-4f9e-b394-ebcbfa473dec%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

and: https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/B9D06F17-FE42-4599-A1FD-61ACDD5AD897%40TheIET.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

HTH,

Robin, G8DQX

On 07/09/16 18:31, 'Zara Hall' via Gqrx SDR wrote:
gqrx: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgnuradio-uhd.so.3.7.10: undefined symbol: _ZN3uhd4usrp10multi_usrp7ALL_LOSE

Message has been deleted

Alexandru Csete

Sep 9, 2016, 5:12:39 AM9/9/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 10:04 AM, 'Dave Baxter' via Gqrx SDR
<gq...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Short of flattening the PC and starting over (that I'm not prepared to do at
> this time) I've tried all the advice here with no good result.
>
> Any other ideas?

Hi Dave,

You could try to install a fresh copy of your OS in a virtual machine
like virtualbox and then follow the instructions on our website:
http://gqrx.dk/download/install-ubuntu

This would be very helpful and could reveal if there is a problem with
the packages in the repository.

Alex

Adrian Musceac

Sep 9, 2016, 7:14:14 AM9/9/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com
FYI, rather than doing something radical, maybe try removing libuhd and build the latest git. The error message seems to be mismatch between libuhd and gnuradio as shipped by your distro.
I use latest git of uhd from Ettus with an older version of gnuradio (jessie-backports). No issues.

Cheers,

Matt Gibson

Sep 13, 2016, 5:15:43 PM9/13/16
to Gqrx SDR
Adrian is correct, all you need to do (assuming you have been using the gqrx/gqrx-sdr ppa all along like I was), is to add the ettus research uhd ppa to your repositories and this will fix Gqrx, without disturbing a thing!

You can do this via command line (after verifying that you have the ppa's: gqrx/gqrx-sdr, bladerf/bladerf, myriadrf/drivers, myriadrf/gnuradio) by typing:

sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:ettusresearch/uhd
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

press 'y' at the prompt to update 'libuhd003', and any other associated packages; then you're done, enjoy Gqrx again, with all of your settings intact!

73,
Matt

chuang...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2017, 4:30:17 AM6/14/17
to Gqrx SDR
It works! Thank you very much!

在 2016年9月14日星期三 UTC+8上午5:15:43,Matt Gibson写道: