GQRX Kali help

Excessive

Jun 11, 2022, 12:03:22 PM6/11/22
to Gqrx SDR
Hello forum, need some help with setting up the rtl-sdr.

So far GQRX runs and I can press the play button to start listening, but the whole range is static. I don't think the sdr is being detected or registered as an antenna. Kali distribution, thanks for any help.

John Verne

Jun 15, 2022, 10:18:09 AM6/15/22
to Gqrx SDR
On Saturday, June 11, 2022 at 12:03:22 p.m. UTC-4 Excessive wrote:
Hello forum, need some help with setting up the rtl-sdr.

So far GQRX runs and I can press the play button to start listening, but the whole range is static. I don't think the sdr is being detected or registered as an antenna. Kali distribution, thanks for any help.

Maybe show your own screens similar to those in the "Starting gqrx" section so we can follow along. You don't say anything about the waterfall, for example, if you try to tune near a wide FM station in your area.