Audio - UDP vs recording - difference - root cause?

Javier Roldán

Dec 28, 2019, 7:38:36 PM12/28/19
to Gqrx SDR
Hi all,
I am running OS Linux Mint 19.3 with Gqrx 2.9.
I am currently using and RTL-SDR with GQRX configured with Filter Wide and solf, Raw I/Q, AGC Off.
I am using Gqrx UDP and injecting it to GRC 3.8.0.0.
In parallel, I am also recording the Gqrx as .wav via the rec button.
(in this case it is simply noise)
If I replay the .wav in GRC (see wav.JPG), the spectrum I see differs to the one I get from UDP (see udp.JPG). This I did not expect. Am I doing sth wrong? Or if not, does anyone know the reason for this?
Best regards,
Javier (EA1HEO)
wav.JPG
udp.JPG

Alexandru Csete

Dec 28, 2019, 8:05:18 PM12/28/19
to Gqrx
Hi Javier,

The wav recording contains two channels. The UDP stream is only one channel.

Alex

Alexander Fasching

Dec 28, 2019, 8:06:11 PM12/28/19
to gq...@googlegroups.com
You have to use the WAV source instead of the file source.
The file source is for raw recordings like the ones created by Gqrx's
IQ recorder.
gr_wav_source.png