gnuradio-audio backend instead of pulseaudio

Ricardo Saiz Villoria

Jul 20, 2018, 4:44:37 PM7/20/18
to Gqrx SDR
Hello

I have installed gqrx from source because debian repositories have version 2.6. I downloaded the tar source from http://gqrx.dk/download but I did not quite understand how to compile it, so I followed the instructions in the README file and ran:

$ git clone https://github.com/csete/gqrx.git gqrx.git
$ cd gqrx.git
$ mkdir build
$ cd build
$ qmake ..
$ make

I also ran volk_profile but I don't know if that helped anyway. Gqrx was installed but it sent the audio only through alsa. Then I went back and found the output of qmake:

Project MESSAGE: Gqrx configured with gnuradio-audio backend.

The problem was I did not have package "libpulse-dev". I installed it from synaptic and then qmake returned:
Gqrx configured with pulseaudio backend.

Now, gqrx runs nicely and sends audio to pulse. This is specially usefull for null-sinks.

Now I would like to have the program installed in a folder other than my home/downloads but the README file does not help. But this is general for programs installed from source, not specific to gqrx.

Despite the troubles, this makes a great program. Thanks Alexandru for your work.

73

Alexandru Csete

Jul 21, 2018, 10:00:19 AM7/21/18
to Gqrx
If you open gqrx.pro you will see the list of options you can pass to
qmake. However, the official way to build gqrx is using cmake.

Alex