Radio Frequency Allocations dsplay & Gqrx

André-John Mas

Dec 1, 2015, 3:22:47 PM12/1/15
to Gqrx SDR
Hi,

I have been playing around with Gqrx for a bit and I am wondering whether there would any interest in having a 'radio frequency allocation' pane?

The idea is, as you shift through the radio frequencies you would have displayed in a pane the details of what sort of services are using that frequency band, for your current region. For the data side, I have put together the radio frequency allocations for the three ITU regions in a parseable format, but this is still very much a work in progress: https://github.com/ajmas/EarthFrequencies . If there is enough interest I will slowly add other countries, as time permits.

Andre

David Ranch

Dec 1, 2015, 10:35:43 PM12/1/15
to Gqrx SDR

Hello Andre,

I think this would be a great feature as I constantly refer back to the very dense FCC Frequency Spectrum PDF when scanning around!  Having it built-in would make things that much easier!

--David
KI6ZHD

André-John Mas

Jan 24, 2016, 2:44:06 PM1/24/16
to Gqrx SDR
Following on up on this. I have now created a working prototype of this, which can found in the following fork/branch:

Currently I have it compiled on a MacOS X machine.

For this version, it uses a QtWebKitWidget, pointing to the following page, updating the parameters to reflect the currently selected frequency:

Currently I am not sure the best way to display the allocation to match the displayed band in the plotter, so it just uses the center band for now.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Also, note that I am new to Qt and rusty on C/C++.

Andre