Gqrx 2.2.0 released

Alexandru Csete

Aug 8, 2013, 9:09:17 PM8/8/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

As it has already been revealed in another thread, Gqrx 2.2 is now available for download. I have just completed the release announcement.
This release is distributed as
  • Source code package
  • Ubuntu packages via PPA
  • Mac OS X app bundle
Binary packages for other distributions and operating systems may be available through third parties. I will list all known options on the download page.

The Ubuntu packages Include the full GNU Radio 3.7 SDK and are available through two channels: gqrx/releases containing the stable releases and gqrx/snapshots containing snapshots taken in between releases.

The app bundle for Mac OS X does not contain the full GNU Radio SDK; however, it does contain various command line tools that come with the driver libraries (e.g. rtl_test, hackrf_info, uhd_find_devices, etc.). See the README-mac.txt. file included in the package.

There is a list of known issues that haven't been fixed for this release. Most notably:
  • Funcube Dongle Pro+ may not work on Linux - Issue #91
  • Poor gain control that affects HackRF and Funcube Dongles - Issue #90
The gain issue will be addressed ASAP. The other issue a somehow out of our control and unless we find a workaround we just have to wait for a fix in the USB drivers.

Enjoy!

Alex