Gqrx Fedora 19 Install Issue

Paul P

Dec 29, 2013, 8:07:21 PM12/29/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,
  I have been looking through the previous posts but still cannot resolve my issue. Hoping somebody could point in the right direction.

   I have a 32bit Fedora 19 laptop with gnuradio 3.7 successfully installed (v3.7.2.1-116-ge751e54a). I had used the install script (build-gnuradio) and it appears to be installed successfully as I can run the gnuradio-companion tool.

  I then downloaded gqrx (git clone https://github.com/csete/gqrx.git) and run with "qtcreator ./gqrx.pro". When I do a Build All, gqrx cannot find gnuradio-analog as shown below (even though the install script appeared to install it).

   I have set PYTHONPATH, PKG_CONFIG_PATH & LD_LIBRARY_PATH but cannot see how to proceed.

../gqrx/gqrx.pro

Project MESSAGE: Gqrx configured with pulseaudio backend

Project MESSAGE: No prefix given. Using /usr/local

Project ERROR: Package gnuradio-analog not found

make: *** [Makefile] Error 2

Thank you!

Paul

Alexandru Csete

Dec 29, 2013, 8:21:26 PM12/29/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul

Maybe Qt creator doesn't pick up the extra pkgconfig settings. Try
building directly with qmake in the terminal as written in the readme.

Alex

Paul P

Dec 29, 2013, 8:29:33 PM12/29/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,
   Thank you for your reply. Using qmake also results in the same error i.e. it cannot find gnuradio-analog, do I need to install this separately or should it be part of the gnuradio install script? or would I be missing env vars?

Alexandru Csete

Dec 29, 2013, 9:00:25 PM12/29/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 2:29 AM, Paul P <paulp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
> Thank you for your reply. Using qmake also results in the same error i.e.
> it cannot find gnuradio-analog, do I need to install this separately or
> should it be part of the gnuradio install script? or would I be missing env
> vars?

In that case the PKG_CONFIG_PATH is probably not set correctly.
I don't know any details about the build-gnuradio script, but I find
it unlikely that it would install the runtime from source, but not the
SDK.

In a terminal try:

pkg-config --modversion gnuradio-analog

It wil lprobably tell you that module not found. Then try:

echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH

You should see the paths you have set. Can you find a
gnuradio-analog.pc file in any of the listed directories? Probably
not.

Alex
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/79b3c957-934a-4b10-bbf3-03af97673cf6%40googlegroups.com.

Paul P

Dec 30, 2013, 5:45:59 AM12/30/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,
   Yes you were correct, I was missing the directory /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig from the environment variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH.

   GQRX now compiles and I have a gqrx binary in the build directory. It also appears to detect my RTL2832U DVB-T usb, however it crashes when I select any device from the dropdown list the following error:

 ./gqrx
linux; GNU C++ version 4.8.2 20131212 (Red Hat 4.8.2-7); Boost_105300; UHD_003.006.002-64-g92b0b7ab

Controlport disabled
No user supplied config file. Using "default.conf"
gr-osmosdr v0.1.0-55-g80c4af4f (0.1.1git) gnuradio 3.7.2.1
built-in source types: file fcd rtl rtl_tcp uhd hackrf bladerf rfspace
Using Volk machine: sse4_1_32_orc
IQ DCR alpha: 1.04166e-05
Using audio backend: auto
New filter offset: 0 Hz
Configuration file: "/home/paul/.config/gqrx/default.conf"
Crash guard triggered!

Launching I/O device editor
firstTimeConfig
CIoConfig : Available input devices:
    0 : "Realtek RTL2838UHIDIR SN: 00000001"
    1 : "RFSPACE SDR-IQ Receiver"
    2 : "RFSPACE SDR-IP Receiver"
    3 : "RFSPACE NetSDR Receiver"
    4 : "RTL-SDR Spectrum Server"
    5 : "Complex Sampled (IQ) File"
CIoConfig : Available output devices:
    0 : "Built-in Audio Analog Stereo"
saveConfig
Configuration file: "/home/paul/.config/gqrx/default.conf"
gr-osmosdr v0.1.0-55-g80c4af4f (0.1.1git) gnuradio 3.7.2.1
built-in source types: file fcd rtl rtl_tcp uhd hackrf bladerf rfspace
Using device #0 Realtek RTL2838UHIDIR SN: 00000001

Kernel driver is active, or device is claimed by second instance of librtlsdr.
In the first case, please either detach or blacklist the kernel module
(dvb_usb_rtl28xxu), or enable automatic detaching at compile time.

usb_claim_interface error -6

FATAL: Failed to open rtlsdr device.

Trying to fill up 1 missing channel(s) with null source(s).
This is being done to prevent the application from crashing
due to gnuradio bug #528.

********************
********************
No change in output device:
  old:
  new:
IQ DCR samp_rate: 0
IQ DCR alpha: 1
Changing NB_RX quad rate: 96000 -> 0
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception
  what():  Error in function boost::math::round<f>(f): Value -inf can not be represented in the targ
Aborted

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Gqrx SDR" group.

Paul P

Dec 30, 2013, 6:30:59 AM12/30/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Alex,
   Incase anyone else has this issue - I found a reference online to creating a blacklist, so now gqrx works perfect. Thank you!

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=45142

          /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

          adding these lines:
          blacklist dvb_usb_rtl28xxu