Comparing SDRTouch to Gqrx

Bobby D.

Nov 25, 2014, 12:51:36 PM11/25/14
to gq...@googlegroups.com
I don't think Gqrx has much to worry about with SDRTouch, primarily due to the limitations of the Android devices it runs on. In this case, I compared the signals from a local airport ADIS, located less than a half mile away, on a Proscan Android Tablet, against my Macbook running Gqrx. It's obvious the Tablet simply has little RF shielding. The noise from power supplies and the rest overloads the Tablets sound card, burying the signal in hash. No doubt the Proscan Tablet is cheaply built, but still, since there are tons of these inexpensive Android tablets out there, no doubt this is indicative of the performance you could expect.