portaudio_sink::work(): Error writing to audio device: Output underflowed

Julien L.

Mar 13, 2022, 8:17:20 AM3/13/22
to Gqrx SDR
Hello,

I hope you are doing well and safe.

I had recently received the RTL-SDR and got a challenge when I wanted to get the audio. As you can see in the attachment, I have the signal, but I got an issue in the terminal and can not hear the call.

I am on macOS for your information and am happy to share more details to solve the issue.

Thanks.

J.
Screenshot 2022-03-13 at 8.16.48 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-03-13 at 8.15.46 PM.png

Julien L.

Mar 13, 2022, 8:38:30 AM3/13/22
to Gqrx SDR
For your information, I have tried to run volk_profile without success.

J.

righthal...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2022, 11:34:08 AM3/13/22
to Gqrx SDR
Your setup looks similar to mine - I have more audio devices. I have the same version of PortAudio and everything works Ok. You could try to specify the output device by selecting it from the list or try plugging in an extern USB earphones to see if that works.

Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 8.24.20 AM.png

Vladislav P

Mar 18, 2022, 5:37:42 AM3/18/22
to Gqrx SDR
1. The squelch level is set too high (-10dB). You may try to reset it's level to -150dB to make it open (Press "R" button).
2. I've faced the issue with uderflowing buffer too. There is some dumb fix for it:
https://github.com/vladisslav2011/gqrx/commit/0400d9d555419d5b827d780d5c9404e67cc0d240
воскресенье, 13 марта 2022 г. в 18:34:08 UTC+3, righthal...@gmail.com: