Tunin below 24 MHz

Ersoy Yilmaz

Oct 17, 2021, 3:23:44 PM10/17/21
to Gqrx SDR
Yes I use RTL dongle, V3. Even with older ones  HF listening was and is possible.

GQRX is a stable receiver.

I have also SDR++, which runs also perfectly under Linux (Linux Mint 20.2)

And RDS++ can tune up and down, down 24 up 24 no problem. I just have to change direct sampling option.

With the same RTL dongle,. tuning belmow 24 MHz with GQRX is not possible.

A file has to be edited, but which one?

Any suggestions?

Robin Gape

Oct 19, 2021, 7:02:10 AM10/19/21
to gq...@googlegroups.com

A device string must be edited. It probably currently reads: rtl=0. The syntax & semantics are as shown:

direct_samp=0|1|2

Enable direct sampling mode on the RTL chip. 0: Disable, 1: use I channel, 2: use Q channel

This second part is added to the first, comma separated with no extra spaces:

rtl=0,direct_samp=1

It may be necessary to try direct_samp=2 if the first gives no joy.

HTH, 73, Stay Safe,

Robin, G8DQX

PS: The device string is found under Configure I/O devices, I/Q input

Ersoy Yilmaz

Feb 27, 2022, 1:24:29 PM2/27/22
to Gqrx SDR
I'm sorry for noticing your response late.

Excellent. I will try and give feedback.

Thank you, 73 Ersoy TA2OM

Ersoy Yilmaz

Feb 27, 2022, 5:51:14 PM2/27/22
to Gqrx SDR
Hello,

rtl=0,direct_samp=2 worked well for HF AM signals.

Thank you