Gqrx on mac OS X

Andrew Rich

Oct 13, 2017, 8:26:08 PM10/13/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com, Alexandru Csete
Does gqrx run ok on raspberry Pi ?

I bought a $700 mac to run gqrx and gpredict but if it runs on a Pi I will sell the mac

Please advise so I can sell or not

Andrew

Sent from my iPhone

> On 14 Oct 2017, at 10:22 am, Andrew Rich <vkt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Can I control gqrx from outside or local only ?
>
> I want not to be tied to gpredict running on the same pc to do doppler control
>
> I want to use perl tcp and send gqrx commands
>
> Andrew
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 14 Oct 2017, at 8:49 am, Hanns Holger Rutz <con...@sciss.de> wrote:
>>
>> thanks - although I had two entries, the default ::ffff:127.0.0.1 and my
>> added 127.0.0.1; but perhaps they were interpreted as one?
>>
>>> On 13/10/17 23:46, Alexandru Csete wrote:
>>> I think there is a bug, which prevents storing the allowed host if
>>> there is only one host in the list. I don't have time right now but I
>>> openend and issue so that we don't forget:
>>> https://github.com/csete/gqrx/issues/563
>>>
>>> Alex

Simon Kennedy

Oct 14, 2017, 3:33:14 AM10/14/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com
It does work on a Pi but with some limitations. Look at the page on gqrx.dk, search the messages on this list and try it yourself and see if it works for you and your particular requirements, when you know that it does then sell the Mac.

Hanns Holger Rutz

Oct 14, 2017, 4:09:25 AM10/14/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com, Andrew Rich, Alexandru Csete
i've been running it now for wide-fm, it produces a clean result (i'm
using the record facility and then send the .wav snippets over udp to
other nodes, using a dedicated transfer program). however, it uses 40 to
50% of the CPU and you quickly get heat warnings (80 degrees
temperature); i added a small fan to the pi, and that solves the heat
problem.

best, .h.h.

Hanns Holger Rutz

Oct 14, 2017, 4:18:06 AM10/14/17
to gq...@googlegroups.com, Andrew Rich
btw -- Intel NUC might be a compromise between power and cost, it sits
somewhere between the pi and a mac mini.