Bigger range scan.

Xiaomi Takahara

Jun 7, 2020, 3:46:22 AM6/7/20
to Gqrx SDR

Hi there,
How Can I scan bigger frequency range spectrum like it is on this group thumbnail? When I zoom out with mouse scroll, it makes bigger up tp about 24 Mhz (range between 86-110 Mzh) but it's still monitored only about 2 Mhz and neighborhood frequency are black screen. I'm using RTL-SDR dongle with its antenna. Thanks for answer and links.
Screenshot_2020-06-07_09-43-47.png

Simon Kennedy

Jun 7, 2020, 4:25:08 AM6/7/20
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Xiaomi,

The RTL-SDR dongles have a maximum bandwidth of 2.4 MHz. This is dictated by the sampling rate they support. To receive a wider bandwidth you will need to use a better SDR, e.g. Airspy and others.

Simon.

Xiaomi Takahara