2.5.3 with NooElec NESDR Mini under Sparky (Debian) RDS is locking up program

Galen Thurber

Sep 23, 2016, 10:40:15 AM9/23/16
to Gqrx SDR
when I switch RDS on and switch between bookmarks the program tends to hang hard.
when running from the command line it reports
Stopping RDS 0000000000 ...
the gui becomes unresponsive never to return after waiting 2 minutes >.
I have to kill the program with top ...

Is the RDS feature stable.

Alexandru Csete

Sep 23, 2016, 7:50:08 PM9/23/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Well, it's not supposed to do that regardless of whether it is stable
it not. I haven't experienced such behavior for a while now, so it
could be that newer version of GNU Radio and/or Boost has fixed
something.

Alex

Galen Thurber

Oct 14, 2016, 9:57:50 AM10/14/16
to Gqrx SDR
just to clarify
in am in WFM mode and RDS in enabled,
if I switch to another bookmark that is not WFM or move the bandwidth,
the GUI locks and terminal reports the Stopping RDS.

Also the config file gets corrupted when you have to kill gqrx.

If there is a fix, I'd like to see RDS be disabled before and freq or bookmark changes happen

Alexandru Csete

Oct 17, 2016, 7:57:16 PM10/17/16
to gq...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 3:57 PM, Galen Thurber <galent...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also the config file gets corrupted when you have to kill gqrx.

Corrupted how?
Normally when a crash happens, a dialog should pop up offering you to
change the configuration before starting the program.

Alex