Installation problem

audioguru67

Aug 26, 2019, 5:13:32 PM8/26/19
to Gqrx SDR
OK I've installed GQRX, I'm at the second thing in the read me file to do, the USB access, in the folder where GQRX is install (/usr/bin) there is no udev/ folder so I'm not able to copy the rule, I'm looking at the right folder?

And when double clicking GQRX I've got a "Pulseaudio error: Connection refused"

I'm trying to install that on a Raspberry Pi 3 and a 7" touch display.

Any help would be appreciated.

Pascal Sauvageau

Thomas D. Dean

Aug 26, 2019, 5:27:49 PM8/26/19
to gq...@googlegroups.com
> --
What operating system?

on Linux, udev is in /etc/udev.

Tom Dean

Alexandru Csete

Aug 26, 2019, 5:29:28 PM8/26/19
to Gqrx
Sorry Pascal but it sounds like you have mixed different installation
methods / instructions.

If you install gqrx on Raspbian Stretch using the instructions here:
http://gqrx.dk/download/gqrx-sdr-for-the-raspberry-pi
then you MUST NOT install gqrx using the package manager!

Alex

Pascal Sauvageau

Aug 27, 2019, 2:35:23 AM8/27/19
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Yeah I’ve seen that /etc/udev but I thought I had to go in the folder where GQRX is installed…

I’m on a Raspberry Pi with Raspbian Buster.

Thanks a lot Tom!

Pascal

> Le 26 août 2019 à 17:27, Thomas D. Dean <tom...@wavecable.com> a écrit :
>
> On 8/26/19 2:13 PM, audioguru67 wrote:
>> --
> What operating system?
>
> on Linux, udev is in /etc/udev.
>
> Tom Dean

Pascal Sauvageau

Aug 27, 2019, 2:35:23 AM8/27/19
to gq...@googlegroups.com
OK… first I’ve installed the latest Rapbian, so it is Buster.

If I don’t use the package installer…a bunch of stuff just installed should I reformat my SD card and re-install from scratch?

If I’m not using the package manager, what is the option?

Thanks for your infos Alex!

Pascal

> Le 26 août 2019 à 17:28, Alexandru Csete <oz9...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> Sorry Pascal but it sounds like you have mixed different installation
> methods / instructions.
>
> If you install gqrx on Raspbian Stretch using the instructions here:
> http://gqrx.dk/download/gqrx-sdr-for-the-raspberry-pi
> then you MUST NOT install gqrx using the package manager!
>
> Alex
>

> On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 11:13 PM audioguru67 <audi...@videotron.ca> wrote:

Alexandru Csete

Aug 27, 2019, 3:07:31 PM8/27/19
to Gqrx
On Raspbian Buster the only option right now is to use gqrx that comes
with Raspbian. The binaries from the gqrx website will not work.

Alex
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/B54CE82F-B100-479A-AB1D-114C0CA1590C%40videotron.ca.

Pascal Sauvageau

Aug 30, 2019, 2:04:25 AM8/30/19
to gq...@googlegroups.com
That’s what I did, I’ve installed it doing: sudo apt-get install gqrx-sdr

Pascal