Attempting to run gqrx results in 'bus error'

Richard Didd

Jan 29, 2015, 3:52:56 AM1/29/15
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Yesterday Gnuradio updated to (I think) 3.7 and since then gqrx will not run.

attempting to run from the shell results in 'bus error'. no configuration window appears.

The operating system is Linux Mint 17 and I have the latest gqrx installed from the snapshots ppa.

Thought I should let people know not to update gnuradio at the moment.

Alexandru Csete

Jan 29, 2015, 6:17:58 AM1/29/15
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Which hardware device does this occur with?

Yes, I am updating the PPA, however, for gnuradio it is a simple
rebuild so I think the error is somewhere else.
It has always been version 3.7 because 3.6 has been obsolete for a long time.

The error might come simply because not all packages have been updated
yet. There is not much I can do about that since I have to follow the
dependency path and gnuradio takes almost a day to build for armhf and
I can't start building the next package until the gnuradio build is
done.

Alex

Richard Didd

Jan 29, 2015, 7:51:35 AM1/29/15
to gq...@googlegroups.com
I am currently running gqrx on a really old Acer Aspire one d250 (Intel chipset).
Gqrx was working prior to the Gnuradio upgrade.

I tested before running updates on the system.
I am not overly concerned at the moment as I have a new laptop on its way to me (better spec) but I thought id flag it up if this really is related to the Gnuradio upgrade and may affect more users.

thanks for your replay Alex

regards
Richard

Alexandru Csete

Jan 29, 2015, 8:04:48 AM1/29/15
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the info. I meant which kind of radio device?
I did a major upgrade of the bladerf library and it may be broken
until I upgrade gr-osmosdr as well.

Alex
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/3e64db14-8b5b-456b-9da5-8c38fb8492ce%40googlegroups.com.

Richard Didd

Jan 29, 2015, 8:08:28 AM1/29/15
to gq...@googlegroups.com
ah sorry.

Its a standard RTL 2832 USB TV card, I cant remeber what lsmod usb shows but its just the standard card in widespread use.

Rich

Alexandru Csete

Jan 29, 2015, 8:19:05 AM1/29/15
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, rtlsdr shouldn't have been affected. But let's see when the
upgrade is finished in a day or two.

Alex
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/7c1c6977-55e1-4e36-9624-cbb7e61c7ba9%40googlegroups.com.

Richard Didd

Jan 29, 2015, 8:21:37 AM1/29/15
to gq...@googlegroups.com
good luck building and thanks for the prompt response

Rich