Gqrx with fcd pro+ crashing in Linux Mint 16

grege...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2013, 10:15:36 AM11/30/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
I have been running gqrx in Linux Mint 15 with no issues .  Installed from your PPA onto a quad core AMD 64 bit machine.  I just upgraded this machine to Linux Mint 16.  I did a clean install, added your PPA as a source, and let it install Gqrx and its dependencies.  I did not have any other gnuradio stuff installed.

Now if I am using my FCD Pro Plus as a source, and I click on anything or even hover the mouse over an option while DSP is running, it will often freeze up and the terminal window will show the following:  audio_alsa_source[hw:1]: snd_pcm_readi failed: Input/output error.

If I enter my desired frequency, mode, gain setting etc before I start DSP and then don't touch anything, it will keep running.

If I use my RTL dongle as a source, I have no problems.

Do I need to configure a different audio sink or something?

I am using Gqrx 2.2 installed from PPA on 11/29/2013.

Thanks,

Greg Ella

Darren Long

Nov 30, 2013, 11:54:44 AM11/30/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
I recall having some slightly similar issues at one point. I found that
setting the fcd device to Off in "Pulse Audio Volume Controller"
(pavucontrol) made things work better.

Hopefully that might help.

Darren, G0HWW

grege...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2013, 2:30:30 PM11/30/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Nope, still crashes.

Alexandru Csete

Nov 30, 2013, 2:48:33 PM11/30/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Guys,

Problem with the Funcube Dongle Pro+ on linux has been a known issue
since we added support for it, see
https://github.com/csete/gqrx/issues/91

Also note that on the website there is a link to known issues for
every supported device:
http://gqrx.dk/supported-hardware

Alex
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gqrx/0b21b273-579e-4f73-9d39-1b781c238313%40googlegroups.com.

grege...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2013, 6:59:39 PM11/30/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
Crashes on AMD 64 quad core processor Linux Mint 16.  Works fine on laptop Intel i5 processor Linux Mint 16.

swirlingabyss

Dec 2, 2013, 12:16:05 AM12/2/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
I run linux mint 16 (AMD x64 8 core processor) and had the usual problem with gqrx instantly crashing when trying to start with a fcdp+ in a USB 2.0 port. Its a well documented bug. Its not the same thing you're having, but it might be related. Try using it in a usb 1.0 port if your mobo has one. That's what I have to do.

grege...@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2013, 11:56:09 AM12/2/13
to gq...@googlegroups.com
"Fixed" the problem by switching to xubuntu 13.10.  Gqrx works fine now, and I have a desktop that I like for daily use.