Noise reduction - diversity

Tim Rand

Nov 22, 2015, 3:24:13 AM11/22/15
to Gqrx SDR
Lately I've become more interested in noise cancellation techniques typically involving the phase & amplitude relationship between two channels. A well-known device applying this methodology to antenna-level signals is the MFJ-1026. I'm currently seeing more discussion in SDR literature where the term "diversity" is used and multiple receivers (not just antennas) are involved to combine signals at a different stage.

Since my primary interest remains with open-source and gnuradio, I'm trying to bring myself up to date as to efforts in this realm. Are there Gqrx or other receiver configuration developments that I may be unaware of? Something with perhaps two RTL-SDR dongles and noise/unwanted signal suppression taking place at a later point in the receiver chain? Any comments will be appreciated.