How to enable Direct Sampling

rtlsdrblog

Feb 19, 2021, 4:02:27 PM2/19/21
to Gqrx SDR
Hi, I have an RTL-SDR Blog v3 SDR and it has direct sampling enabled, but I found no option to enable direct sampling. How do I?

Roger David Powers

Feb 19, 2021, 6:23:38 PM2/19/21
to Gqrx SDR
Basically, use the File menu, "I/O devices" entry to open the "Configure I/O Devices" popup and add 'direct_samp=2' to the Device String:

Inline image

Then do File -> Start DSP, and the console window should have some text in it that looks like:

Inline image

The last line is what tells you it is in direct sampling mode.

Keep in mind when RTL-SDR is in this mode the low noise amplifier is bypassed, so you'll need a good antenna and even then it can be a challenge to hear strong signals.

Regards,
RDP

On Friday, February 19, 2021, 05:07:46 PM EST, rtlsdrblog <kara...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, I have an RTL-SDR Blog v3 SDR and it has direct sampling enabled, but I found no option to enable direct sampling. How do I?

Michael Edwards

Feb 19, 2021, 7:37:50 PM2/19/21
to Gqrx SDR
pro...@yahoo.com tried your settings and was able to pick up 40 meter band on my crappy TV UHF antenna. I didn't think that was possible. I got traffic on 7.136 MHz LSB and on 7.192 MHz LSB. Cool, thanks for the tips.