trace generator : no trace

Leiming Yu

Aug 2, 2015, 8:04:46 PM8/2/15
to gpuocelot
Hello,
   I have installed gpuocelot from svn, on ubuntu 12.04 (x64) with opensource driver and cuda 4.2 toolkit.
   However, when I followed instructions here(https://code.google.com/p/gpuocelot/wiki/TraceGeneration), it didn't generate any trace. Has the built-in trace generators been disabled?
   Besides, I also tried the new trace generator. But it did not print the instructions.
   Any suggestions?
Best,
Leiming

Si Li

Aug 3, 2015, 1:43:15 PM8/3/15
to gpuocelot
Have you tried turning on x86Trace flag in the config file?

http://comparch.gatech.edu/hparch/tutorial_slides/hpca2012/part3-macsim-detail.pdf

I remember reading somewhere this is necessary for cuda traces, so you might want to give that a try.

Leiming Yu

Aug 6, 2015, 2:10:14 PM8/6/15
to gpuocelot
Hi Si,

    I turned on the x86 trace flag, according to https://code.google.com/p/macsim/wiki/PTXTraceGeneration. But no traces are generated in traces directory.
    However, I can have the ptx instructions using the new trace generator, by running the devices on "emulated" mode.
    Any other suggestions?

Best,
Leiming

FORWARD

Jun 25, 2022, 7:02:57 AM6/25/22
to gpuocelot
Hi Leiming,
Have you solved this problem? I have the same problem now.
Or maybe someone can help with this problem?
Best,
FORWARD