undefined reference to `__cudaInitModule'

arnebo...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2014, 5:07:47 AM4/23/14
to gpuo...@googlegroups.com
Hey,
I installed ocelot and cuda 6.0 from the arch linux aur without any problems.
However I am unable to compile a simple hello world example due to linking errors:
$ nvcc -c hello.cu -arch=sm_20 -cuda
$ g++ -o hello.out hello.o -locelot
hello.o: In function `__nv_init_managed_rt_with_module(void**)':
tmpxft_00007c88_00000000-3_hello.cudafe1.cpp:(.text+0x31d): undefined reference to `__cudaInitModule'

Googling for this error turns up nothing :(

javierferna...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2014, 9:43:58 AM12/3/14
to gpuo...@googlegroups.com
Hi arnebo,
I have the same problem as you linking cuda fortran and C. Have you find a solution?
I use pgi fortran.

Si Li

Dec 3, 2014, 9:11:08 PM12/3/14
to gpuo...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

CUDA 6 is not supported by Ocelot. It has been tested with CUDA 4.2 and has been known to work with 5.0.

Si Li

Dec 3, 2014, 9:11:29 PM12/3/14
to gpuo...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

CUDA 6 is not supported by Ocelot. It has been tested with CUDA 4.2 and has been known to work with 5.0.

Jason Wong

Feb 7, 2018, 9:07:49 AM2/7/18
to gpuocelot
Thanks. How do we make it work for later versions of CUDA? I mean, is it a lot of work? What are the key steps? I'll happily contribute if I get some guidance... :-)