Mock provider function?

Ken Dowling

Feb 22, 2024, 5:02:25 PMFeb 22
to GPSTest
I have a GNS 3000 that I use for trail and orienteering mapping. It uses multiple constellations and SBAS. It requires mock provider mode on my Android.

I tried your app, as other orienteering mappers in Aus and NZ are using it with NZs SouthPan for greater accuracy.

However your app showed no SBAS, perhaps because it is using the Motorola internal GPS system. Might a mock provider function be useful in your app?

Sean Barbeau

Feb 23, 2024, 9:52:27 AMFeb 23
to GPSTest
Hi Kenny,
Using mock providers in combination with GPSTest for external GNSS devices isn't something I've tested myself. AFAIK, the mock provider will only provide location info (e.g., lat/lon/alt, speed,) but not signal info (e.g., L1, SBAS, etc.). Basically most of the top card in GPSTest Status screen would be populated but not the bottom cards with signal details.

But if others have experience with this I'd encourage them to jump in with details and correct me if I'm wrong :).

Sean

Stewart Holt

Feb 24, 2024, 7:50:59 PMFeb 24
to Sean Barbeau, GPSTest
You are correct, just the Location object is populated. It does not have any of the interesting data contained in NMEA data.