ADR/Carrier Phase Missing

Mark Meister

Oct 4, 2023, 7:06:37 PM10/4/23
to GPSTest
Looking at the Qualcomm (or qcom) chipsets in GPSTest Database and also from my own testing of older chipsets (2017), that qualcomm chips do not support (or at least do not communicate) the carrier phase data.

Recently Trimble has teamed up with Qualcomm to provide better location services. They performed the test on Xiaomi 12T Pro powered by the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1.

Does anyone have this device/chipset or newer that could help tell me if the device communicates carrier phase information?

Thank you

Sean Barbeau

Oct 5, 2023, 9:52:03 AM10/5/23
to Mark Meister, GPSTest
Hey Mark,
The GPSTest Database has entries for the Xiaomi 12T Pro and Xiaomi 13 Pro and it shows these devices do not provide carrier phase data via the Android API.

I've personally tested a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra w/ Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 and it also does not provide carrier phase data via the Android API.

Sean