SBAS on Android 14

Tim COOPER

Oct 19, 2023, 1:47:21 PM10/19/23
to GPSTest
Sean Barbeau

Thank you for providing GPSTest on Android 14.

I have v3.10.3 (24097-google) on a Pixel6, Broadcom BCM4776

At the bottom of the Status screen I see "Satellite-based Augmentation System (SBAS) satellites not available.

I see GPS satellites with L1 + L5
Galileo with E1 + E5a
Beidou with B1 + B2a

Why is SBAS not available?
Does any Android phone support SBAS?

Thanks from a first time user

Sean Barbeau

Oct 19, 2023, 8:33:42 PM10/19/23
to Tim COOPER, GPSTest
Hey Tim,

>Due to signal characteristics of SBAS and mobile devices, decoding the Navigation Message and getting a signal of high quality is a challenge. We checked with other chipset manufacturers and no one is using SBAS for positioning at the moment.

Sean