Support for Gnss measurements

Navroop Singh

Oct 21, 2021, 12:13:39 PM10/21/21
to GPSTest
HI,

I'm looking for some kind of support platform for queries related to Gnss measurements, GnssClock code usage for GPS time. I have some queries regarding various variables within the class and what timestamps do they provide.

Thanks
Navroop Singh

Sean Barbeau

Oct 21, 2021, 12:15:42 PM10/21/21
to Navroop Singh, GPSTest
Navroop,
Are you using these in your own app?

I assume you've looked at the Android documentation?
If you outline your exact questions with some examples of the APIs you're using and the data you're seeing maybe someone in the group can help.

Sean

Navroop Singh

Oct 21, 2021, 12:34:09 PM10/21/21
to Sean Barbeau, GPSTest
Hi,

Thanks for the reply

I followed this documentation for implementing the code for getting trueGPStime:

So, I created a cordova plugin to implement the native code for my own app with a javascript interface, here's the github link :
The code is under development.

So, I'm getting following values:
mTimeNanos = -9223372000000000000
mFullBiasNanos = -9223372000000000000
mBiasNanos = 0

So, as we know, gps time is calculated as:
trueGpstime = mTimeNanos - (mFullBiasNanos + mBiasNanos)

So, I'm getting final gpstime as:
trueGpstime = 0
Note: I tested this on Samsung galaxy A20

I would like to know what's causing it to give me zero gpstime. Please let me know if anyone can help.
Also I would like to know, what other variables represent such timestamps that could be helpful  in any way

Thanks
Navroop Singh