CSV2RINEX

Christina Appleby

Nov 8, 2023, 4:50:40 PM11/8/23
to GPSTest
Has anyone used CSV2RINEX to convert the .txt file from GPSTest to a RINEX file? I'm not familiar with C++, so I'm not sure how to use it. Any help would be appreciated!

Sean Barbeau

Nov 8, 2023, 5:06:46 PM11/8/23
to Christina Appleby, GPSTest
I have not, but you might want to try this Python tool is C++ is the main hurdle:

There might be more utils to try in the list I've been keeping here:

FYI, though, if you're logging the data yourself and need RINEX I would suggest using GnssLogger instead of GPSTest. GnssLogger natively supports RINEX output so you don't need a converter.

Sean

On Wed, Nov 8, 2023, 4:50 PM Christina Appleby <christin...@isu.edu> wrote:
Has anyone used CSV2RINEX to convert the .txt file from GPSTest to a RINEX file? I'm not familiar with C++, so I'm not sure how to use it. Any help would be appreciated!

Christina Appleby

Nov 9, 2023, 7:06:37 AM11/9/23
to GPSTest
After reading this paper, I wanted to give CSV2RINEX a try instead of using the RINEX output from GnssLogger. I also wanted to try the raPPPid software, and the instructions I found for using raPPPid mentioned using GnssLogger with CSV2RINEX.

I tried installing GnssLogger to RINEX, but my computer installed it in a Python folder under Inkscape, so when I try to use the converter, the command isn't recognized. I still need to figure out where to install the converter to get it to work.

Christina Appleby

Nov 9, 2023, 7:44:03 AM11/9/23
to GPSTest
I got the GnssLogger to RINEX converter installed, but when I try to run it, I get an error: AttributeError: type object 'GnssLogHeader' has no attribute 'parse_'.

Melania Susi

Nov 9, 2023, 9:17:37 AM11/9/23
to Christina Appleby, GPSTest
Hi Christina,

you will find a modified version of the sw  here ( I tested it and it works very well)
In the folder you will find also the .exe file, so no need to use C++.
I hope this can help.
Cheers,
Melania

Christina Appleby